We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Is this Willie Mays autograph real? I rarely will buy autographs off of ebay, I prefer to get them in person but I did purchase this one awhile back. What is your opinion if it's real or not?

Tags: Mays, Willie

Views: 1060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The signature looks pretty typical to me but I am not an expert.  What is the history of it?  Does it have a "Say Hey" hologram attached to it?

Thanks Mike, no it doesn't have a "Say Hey" hologram on it.

I don't know Paul.  The signature does appear to be slowly written which is a common trait for a forgery.  Take a close look at the horizontal return line on the "W" and the end of the "s".  They appear to be a little thick and shaky in the photo.  Where did you acquire it?

I bought it off ebay a few years ago

I'm sorry Paul but I'm siding with Terrier on this one.  It doesn't look good to me.  I know how it feels since it has happened to me with a DeNiro photo that I purchased on eBay years ago.  I had a bad feeling about it for years and something tells me that you probably did as well.  Be careful with eBay.  It may turn out to be nothing better than a garage sale.

I do not think its authentic

Thank you for your feedback terrier8HOF

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service