The following item came up for auction on ebay today to the tune of $5,000.-   Not authentic in my opinion.  Thoughts?                 Jack...

Views: 1506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You guys see ballrooms photo of jim signing, the orange flower its the same as the sellers proggramme.
It's the same program and apparently signed the same day.
So there would be a few signed then if one person could get a signature then others would.
It was 6/10/67. This is the performance in which it's claimed that the Doors were seen sitting in the grass with the concertgoers.

I have a copy of that program signed by members of The Seeds and Every Mother's Son.

$5,000 is a ton of money for that. Nice autograph, tho. Looks fairly big, too.

Too Much money. Collectors decide how much signatures are worth.

There are a number of Autographs at Juliens live auctions and most of them have been sitting on ebay for months with high prices, now the top estimate at juliens isn't anywhere what these guys have been asking on ebay.

Id struggle to pay 3 k for that Morrison cut.

If someone is willing to spend 3K,  they might as well just shell out another $1,500.- and get a check...

That's the way I think also.

You know...I'd rather have the autograph at $3,000. Morrison checks, like most vintage checks, are generally much safer...no doubt about that. 

I respect anyone who'd rather buy a check than a cut or autograph on a page. Your investment would be safer than mine.

The last thing I think about when I think of Jim Morrison is money, a check. A check framed with a Doors album or an image of Morrison feels cold...feels like a dichotomy to me.

I'd rather get the opinions of everyone I know who I think know Jim Morrison well and buy an autograph based on their input.

That's a good point, Steve. I could have gone for a check when they could easily be had for $3-$3.5K, but I held back and waited for a signed copy of one of his privately published poetry books. It's said that he was very proud of them. That said, now I wish I had tried for both, but I was just looking to add one to my collection.

I would take this check along with a signed F. Lisciandro image anyday over any cut piece, with all do respect Steve.                Jack...

Nice!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service