We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi Folks,

Well, the Gleason arrived, with the Pantograph "damage" I was expecting. Oh well. That and the original double weight photo by James Kohler below cost some $24 shipped total so I might just thumbtack them up in my 1939-1957 bedroom in my new old Victorian home.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice find Eric.  I do not mind some "damage" wear and tear on older items.  I have quite a few rare autographs that show their age.  I like the photograph and card.   As I have said before I truly believe that genuine Gleason and Andy Griffith's are fewer than the general public might assume.  You see so many secretarial and outright forgeries on eBay and elsewhere it gives a false impression of how many real ones are out there.  

Indeed! The signature is rare, the date much moreso, but with those indentations it will serve just fine as an addition to my bedroom. I have many original items there in use and functional despite their age.  I show a snap of the first room I am working on which is the parlor, decorated 1890-1957.

Great looking parlor Eric.  I like the stereopticon I have one somewhere with the cards of the old Sears and Roebuck company offices.  I do not dare show a picture of my living room or my phone would be ringing off the hook from the producers of Hoarders!

Thank you Scott! I have been "hoarding" collectables for just this time. Now I can put everything out as I wanted. I haven't seen some of this in 15 years and some is still in the original packages! Here is a view inside that stereopticon. Cunard's Mauretania under construction summer 1907 - unpublished candid stereo card (two sided!) 

Click for full images:

And a peek at my new studio:

Great picture of the original Mauretania.  I probably told you before but my father during World War II went over on the second ship named Mauretania.  Your hoarding looks a lot neater than mine lol.

I really like the look of your parlor Eric. It really shows cases your collections! I can see some of your NY Worlds fair in this picture. Well done!

Thank you David :-) I have never had so much fun in my life. It's a work in progress I am loving.

" I do not mind some "damage" wear and tear on older items."

At 54 I am finding that is true in many ways!

11 years from now you will find it even more so lol.

Oh great!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service