We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Found this eBay listing from Jeffery Hunter, Captain Pike from the original Pilot episode of Star Trek. What do we think of the signature/worth buying? 

Here’s the listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295659088538?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkri...

Views: 1143

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I’m not sure."

I think Eddy is right and SWAU is mistaken. I showed the same hand, but I don't think it is Hunter's. I would try and establish three styles for this signer. Him, his wife, and Fox/other. There is a difference in the examplers Eddy speaks of and what I posted, and I would agree the OP is by his wife or other.  A difference can be seen strongly in the two items offered by this seller, only one of which appears authentic and is below. As this item is a apparently a unique likely unpublished candid, considerably cheaper and Hunter looks great, I would select this example despite the contrast issue:

thanks for your feedback

That candid is definitely a winner.....very early......one of the nicest I've seen!  

A thought, startrekmaniac.   Since it is early (looks like early/mid 1950's) and he looked different than later with the Star Trek pilot, would you be more looking for something from him more in the mid-60s Trek era?   

I’m open to anything that is real and isn’t going to break my bank. 

If you know of anything from post trek/60s era I’m open to it.

I don't actually have any piece specifically in mind.  I was just thinking out loud that a Star Trek collector might be more looking for something from that mid-60s time in his career if possible.

Startrekmaniac, seller says the auction was Bloomsbury (defunct IIRC), but photographs of the album could be posted in the auction if I write and ask.

Sounds good, thank you! 

I will do so. Please be sure to check the auction - the OP auction.

Will do! Thanks for your help!

Always happy to try and help :-)

I'm losing this thread and am a bit confused, I think.

Are we asking the seller for more info., photo uploads etc. on this one and is it still in the running?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295659088538?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkri...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service