Found this eBay listing from Jeffery Hunter, Captain Pike from the original Pilot episode of Star Trek. What do we think of the signature/worth buying? 

Here’s the listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295659088538?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkri...

Views: 1074

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I understand you. I just heard from one of the best sets of eyes here and it looks the same hand to that member as well. Whose? I can't say. His wife?

So again you and the best eye don’t think it’s real?

startremaniac -  Thanks for calling us back on track with this particular autograph.  I vote 'no' on it based upon looking at him off and on over the years.

p.s.  He's the only STAR TREK association that I would claim any particular knowledge of....lol.

We think it is the same hand. Is it his wife?

Eric -  Can our fellow member that you've mentioned consulting with possibly jump in?  JH is a pretty significant collecting investment and any more direct input would be great!

I'm actually kind of eyeing the other one one if they might do a good deal!:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295660689894?itmmeta=01HPYENVSVD14PD5P7P16...

I understand you, I also think that some things come through with that method. I do not know if this is his wife or not. 

Absolutely.....and agreed!  No doubt that that method works great to see patterns (or not).

startrekmaniac  -   I usually kind of think of him as a 50's leading man in more unexceptional films than the few biggies like KING OF KINGS or THE SEARCHERS.  I just caught your user name and can understand why there would be healthy interest from Trekkies.   I guess that's part of why the prices for him are relatively high.  

Hi Eddy,

I doubt it. He is not that familiar with this subject but saw what I did in form and execution using his formidable skill set.

Allow me to let this suffice from my end:

-  I very much agree with you, Eric, and the member with the formidable skill set/best eyes that the method of flipping of autograph images side by side is helpful to compare and contrast exemplars.  I've been doing myself for years and have known others do it as well in study.

-  Specifically, I don't like the odds of the OP eBay listing as being real nor the other one from RRauction that you have also zoomed in on and flipped over and put beside it.  His wife signed for him as did Fox earlier when he was under contract.  I think the OP and the RR are both signed on his behalf. 

- I do like very much the other one that the same eBay seller as the OP has of JH and have no reservations about that one at all.

I hope something of this helps, startrekmaniac!

It does, thanks! 

You're welcome! 

I really do miss some of our old timers who were laser focused on vintage entertainment but are  currently not as as active here on AL.  A few years ago, they would have been all over this for you!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service