We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 34969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fun, huh Chad?

None of the comments on here have bothered me. If an internet acquaintance doesn't agree with me I am ok with that. Though I don't always care for the manner they go about it, I think most looking at this issue are honestly trying to get to the truth.

Mark Roberts, I suppose the contract Grant posted could be fake but it sure looks good to me. Grant has his own way of presenting evidence but I don't recall him being dishonest.

Chad B and Ballroom.  

I have always treated you with respect, and agree to disagree.  

As far as the contract from Grant - I am wondering where it came from.  I have about 40 contracts and have sold some.  Not sure if that one was in mine that I had.  I wish I would have take photos of everyone of them.  I do know that JSA had a problem with 1 contract I had and said it was not signed by Jerry Lee Lewis. They picked out 1 out of 60 or so.  I will look if I still have that one.  Someone did purchased some contracts from me who said they didn't care if JSA said it was real or not to send all that I can.  I had 8 more that I need to get authenticated by JSA so those went to person.  Is the contract that Grant showing the one that failed JSA.  I cannot say.  

Mark

In order to be confident that the books weren’t signed by JLL, it seems that you would also have to be confident that the circled portions of the respective signatures are by two different people. Are you confident of that? Otherwise, the same proxy signer would have to be responsible for both signatures. If that’s the case, considering that the contract was signed before his association with Whitten, who is it that signed on his behalf in both 1969 and 2014?

A couple of questions for the group.  Was there another book signing other than the NYC Barnes & Noble event?  Were they also signed in red ink and all look the same?  Has anyone mailed a book to JLL with a 100.00 check and ask for the book to be signed? Would love to see how that looked.

Click the image for a full version:

Jerry Lee was scheduled to perform a concert here in Memphis where one was able to get a signed book if they paid extra.  Those books were pre-signed, and I am assuming they were from the same lot.  Someone posted a photo of a real-signed book on this site a while back.  It looked like the rough signature that many have claimed to be real (not like the red signature) but it was run right into the binding/spine of the book, not a clean sig in the middle of a page.

wow!  thanks.  Now I do rem seeing that.  Do u know if this was thru the mail or IP?  Looks like To Mark.  (and it look really different than the pre-signed books)

Click the image for a full version. 

I recall that this one was said to be through the mail, it is somewhere within the last 57 pages LOL !

So JLL signs hundreds of books the same exact way, yet this one comes TTM (I assume paid with a 100.00 check )and is signed totally different than the others?  What am I missing here?  If I were to bet, I think the one above is real as it looks closer to the IPs I have received although shakier, which to me makes sense as my IPs were obtained when JLL was a healthier & younger man.

We haven't seen hundreds of books. Based on what we have seen, it appears that he made a good effort to produce a reasonably consistent signature, but the quality of the signatures varies quite a bit.

All I am saying is, and I am using logic here, that JLL signs hundreds of books supposedly, somewhere and the signatures from what we have seen ,appear to be neat, and consistent, & quite small. This despite his hand hurting as he stated.  Yet in the comfort of his own home, sitting down, perhaps with a cup of tea, he signs one TTM book sloppily & much larger.  Do u see the logic I am using here? 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service