We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 34978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when were the contracts signed? that is key also.

The contracts I have were signed in 1965, 1966, 1967 and I wanna say 1971.  They do not resemble the book signatures what so ever.  I also have a couple of checks and they do not look like the book signatures.  I also have some posters and they look nothing like the book signatures. I also have some albums and they look nothing like the book signatures.  And last, but not least, I have some signed 78s that look nothing like the book signatures. 

Mark

I just posted Mark's recent TTM with breaks in the signature. It was accepted as authentic.

What happened Steve is that Mark’s signed debut LP was received after JLL and Judith were called out for allegedly providing secretarial signatures through the mail. The signature was deemed authentic, which gave the impression that there was a problem that had been solved. One of the GBOF signed photos was later deemed authentic, but that opinion was subsequently reversed. It just so happens that the signatures on those GBOF signed photos, one of which has been authenticated by JSA, appear consistent with the book signatures. So, what differentiates the signature on the JSA authenticated GBOF photo from Mark’s TTM signature in such a way that one should be considered authentic, but not the other? I’m still waiting for someone to address that issue.

The one below is signed on a jacket for one of the books already "signed" at Barnes & Noble: Signature more "mushed" together below because chosen signature spot provided little space.

But...this particular book now has the typical red ink JLL "signed" inside...and this signature below on the front of the book jacket.

Is it possible that it's the same signer inside and out? 

I can't see how they could be from the same signer,  but could you post the one that's on the inside?

Here's one of the neater recent TTMs, which has been deemed authentic, compared to a relatively neat but more rushed book signature:

one of these has been confirmed to be secretarial, one is authentic. I could certainly use the same logic you have been using for the past few months to "prove" the authenticity of this Gleason secretarial. click on the index card to see the entire signature.

Are you saying that Jackie Gleason was as quirky a signer as JLL? I'm not familiar with his signature. If you spend some time comparing an assortment of authentic JLL signatures against the book signatures that I've posted, you'll see that no secretary could pull that off.

Why don't you show an assortment of Gleason signatures with a number of different traits that are incorporated across multiple secretarials?

I see tons of differences. And almost NO similarities to the two.  With regards to the 2 Jerry Lee Lewis signatures Ballroom posted above.

Mark

Sorry Ballroom, and maybe its just me, but I dont see similarities between Mark's LP and the book despite all the pretty arrows the Planet likes to draw in their assessment.  I see differences in the J, the Y, and the 2 L's.  Also the dotted i.  What am I missing?

Do you see similarities between Mark's LP and the JSA authenticated GBOF signed photo, and do you see similarities between the signatures on those GBOF signed photos and the book signatures?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service