has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 35050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jerry and Lewis look like they were written in the same hand in the two autographs.

Do you think that this one has some similar characteristics?

Im no expert.    Whether or not they were signed by the same person is not for me to say.  I dont know.  They just dont look like any I have from Jerry IP.

I follow Jerry Lee's page on Facebook because I am a fan. He posted abouth the show/book signing at the Cannon Center in Memphis yesterday. I posted a reply asking if he was actually signing the books or was he having his assistant James Whitten sign them like in New York. Of course, there was no response. I know Jerry Lee is getting old and frail, but how do they think it is perfectly OK to commit fraud repeatedly? Especially to your fans. I still love his music, but have lost some respect for him.

I’m not surprised by the lack of response, but not because they’re trying to hide anything.

JLL is a very quirky signer and it’s easy to jump to the wrong conclusion. There were two major early clues, both provided by Chad, which have largely been ignored. Regarding the TTM signatures, Judith said that “Jerry signs all.” About the book signatures, Jerry said that his “hand is getting tired from signing all of these books…” The last time around it was Judith who was accused of being a liar. Now it’s the man himself who’s being painted as a liar who would deceive his fans over a stack of books. It’s a real shame.

The man is 79 years old.  I really don't blame him for not signing all these books.  Heck - Jimmy Page recently did a stamped signature and the people paid and lined up out the door.

Do I think Jerry Lee signed these books.??  No I do not.  Does it surprise me?  NOT in the slightest. 

Do I still enjoy his music and think he is a legend.  YOU BET!

Its funny you should say that... With all the books being signed by someone else.  I was thinking about sending in a book to get signed.  Call me crazy...  But I will email Judith and let her know its coming etc..  :) 

Mark

You have her email?  Very cool.  While you're at it, tell her a few of us on here really want a genuine JLL on a vintage piece and are willing to pay the 100.00.  But it MUST be real.   I guess we alll know what she is going to say.

You are right.... you know what she will say.

I bought a book to see the Q & A with JLL.

Some (maybe many) people may have had the same motivation to see Jimmy Page..and the only way to get close to him may have been to get the silly stamp.

BUT.....if you're not going to sign the book, don't sell it as a signed copy. Arguably, that's fraud.  

JLL and his people are to blame.  And Barnes & Noble may be as well.  If you're going to do things that way, with a pre-signing, then perhaps it's up to the retailer to make sure the books actually are signed by the celebrity.

I agree Sidney.

Mark

This is what i always wonder about signed stuff.purchased you are relying on people to make sure they are hand signed not autopen etc....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service