We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

At first glance this looked good to me, but a closer look at the last name has me a bit skeptical. Parts of it, particularly the last "t" lack the smoothness I usually see in his authentic signature. I know several folks on here are very well versed on his autograph, so I'd appreciate opinions. 

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

🤔 I could see it maybe being a good forgery. Has a few hints of being slowly drawn. Just doesn’t have the right flow to it to seem/look authentic to me. But I could be wrong. Might be good though and I am over analyzing. 

+1

Thank you JMS, I got that slowly drawn impression as well.

There is an occasional shakiness to JS's handwriting that most forgers don't understand or can't duplicate.  There was fluidity to parts of his signature while other parts were a little stilted.  But the shaky or stilted parts shouldn't be smooth, "drawn" strokes.

The last name does appear to have that kind of drawn look to me, what do you think JK? 

Yes, I agree. The S and the T look like they are trying to replicate the characteristics I mentioned.  The T, especially, is firmly written while trying to imitate an infirm stroke.

Thank you JK, I appreciate your knowledge and how clearly you explained it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service