We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello together,

what do you think of this Joan Crawford? I know she's tricky in some ways, but I tend to believe in this one.

Sorry, no sharper pic available.

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kai - What kind of paper is that blue bordered piece that you just posted?

I don't have a clue. Just saw it on the internet.

I see.  I thought maybe you were considering it for a possible purchase and I was going to advise avoiding it.

I actually am considering a purchase. What makes you think?

I seem to recall seeing others on this format of paper.   I believe they were possible giveaways and may be secretarial.  They are very close...but enough to give pause (at least for my suspicious nature!).

Here's one that I had in my collection and recently sold to another collector.  It's WWII from the Hollywood Canteen and addressed to the children of a serviceman who met Joan there:

I'm actually looking at yours again, Kai.  The blue bordered one does look pretty close to this postcard signature.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Eddy!

I can imagine her signing some bookplates for her autobiography or something. Considering the sig itself I share the good feeling Eric has - after having learned about the differences between her secretary and herself, to which you helped me. I also had a look to the study on isitreal.

Sure thing, Kai!

I've always thought that if the potential (& educated) buyer is comfortable.....than that's most of the battle won!

I've been eyeing up an autograph myself today that has an ever so slight variance with what I have studied of their signing habits....but am thoroughly convinced it's good.

I am seeing atypical but genuine - thoughts?

I'm just more comfortable sticking with the side of 'no' on this particular one.  If it was me I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I agree, and she is rather common. But looking at the formations and spatial relations of the "oan" and the "or" I can't rule it out at all.  The baseline is atypical, but the "J" is also of interest.

That's the thing.....she is more in uncommon in authentic form than usually thought.  There's the myth out there that she was practically glued to her desk answering fan mail and autographing when she wasn't in front of the cameras.  It seems like that image of her has been somewhat exaggerated.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service