We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Joe Hisaishi (Studio Ghibli) - A Symphonic Celebration LP (119€)

https://store.deutschegrammophon.com/p51-i0602448987754/a-symphonic...

Limited Signed Numbered 2 Vinyl White Label + Art Card limited to 200 Copies.

Pricey but worth it for a Studio Ghibli fan like me. I had been hoping they would do a signed version when I saw the press release a couple weeks back.

Views: 2452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh no that's horrible. They better fix that fast as these were not cheap.  But I hope the guy selling 5 of these on eBay doesn't get his. Mine should be here next week too.

Same here: no print included, so nothing's signed.... I've contacted customer services and suggested that if indeed something went wrong on a larger scale than only my order, one way to keep all customers happy, would be to ask Mr. Hisaishi to sign another batch of prints. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

If everyone is missing them, then they're probably still on a desk somewhere. It looked like the vinyls come prepacked in a factory or warehouse. Each brown shipper has a barcode on the outside and I received 2 of those brown shippers taped together. Maybe they didn't know they should have added a signed print when they were packing these boxes.

I expect every customer will complain; these are not worth 3x the amount of a regular or colored vinyl without the signed print. The white label vinyl is not numbered as was advertised and they stuck an ugly product sticker and barcode on the sleeve.

Sounds like they shipped the same as the Tar vinyl last year. Those were packaged individually with the autographed prints separate. Those prints were also numbered which is what I was expecting here. Guessing they'll just be sending us a separate package of prints due to their mix up. That or getting a lot of returns. Intentional shipping was horrible so they better fix this 

@Peter

Did you receive a reply and what did they say?

They replied relatively quick to me, but their response is weird. I feel like they don't even know what product I am talking about and just sent out some canned response about having received the wrong product. No acknowledgement of the missing print at all.

Still waiting on mine but at least 3 people on a reddit thread have the exact same issue. So seems they did this for all of them. Not sure what they could be confused about since numerous have definitely already contacted them about this. They need to be mass emailing everyone with an explanation and resolution as these were not average $30 records.

Yes, this afternoon I got a reply back. Initially they mentioned a refund, but that is not what I want. How else would I be able to obtain Mr. Hisaishi's autograph? Especially when it's such a broader problem (> not only my order with something missing), to me it makes more sense arranging for new prints other than refunding 200 copies. That I also mentioned in one of my emails. Today I got a reply that sort of states that they will arrange a replacement. They have forwarded my message to the appropriate department. Nothing's 100% final, but I feel there's still hope. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Let's hope they come through with the replacements.

So far I only got "sorry you received the wrong product" and then "can you send pictures of the item you received", while I keep mentioning I did receive the white label but it is missing the print. 

Maybe I should have sent my request in German.

I just messaged them on facebook asking if they knew what was going on with these. I worry that their customer service is generic clueless Universal Music Group people.

To make it extra annoying his own shop recently had a $250 bundle that was briefly available with an lp, a couple music boxes I don't need and a "mystery signed item". I would have just got that if I was worried about this one.

It's definitely the generic UMG people. I didn't realise the connection before, but the replies come from a Bravado email address.

I contacted DG today, but they told me they couldn't help me, they don't handle the shop part of the business. 

I saw that mystery bundle and upon checking that's definitely not his site but a site run by UMG too. Just click on the terms and it brings you to a Universal page.

So you might have dodged the $250 bullet, as it will be more difficult to get your item if they haven't specified what the item is. Try explaining that to a generic UMG rep.

I don't think in Germany one needs to write in German. While I do have some knowledge of German, I always write in English too when I have to deal with issues such as this. Never experienced a situation where miscommunication led to a disaster; I think in general in Germany most people understand English just fine. At least that's my experience.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service