We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tags: autograph, john, lennon

Views: 2350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a dirty business, I feel for you guys. Hope we get some answers.

We decided to not proceed with sale in the end,  want to make it clear that this is no reflection on Rob Marrs integrity as a seller, he is a extremely helpful trustworthy seller and I'm sure I will buy from him in the future. I'm sure the autograph is genuine, but was just not for me on this occasion.

Hi everyone, I've just refunded Paul his money back due to the doubts at the moment. I am going to send it off to get clarification on whether it's a copy or not..
I've just unpacked the item as was gonna send originally to Paul.. I can see the ink under magnifying glass etc.. I have taken some photos of the autograph and the letter that came with the autograph from the lady. Will be interested to know what you guys think by these new photos as my scanner is new and may not have produced the best photos at first..
All the best,
Rob
Attachments: No photo uploads here
& here is the original letter written to my dad
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thanks, Rob. The problem is that one of them is a copy, so that taints any identical ones until it's figured out. Sad situation.

Thanks Steve will get the item checked and will let you know the outcome..
All the best,
Rob

Hi Rob,  Just in case it hasn't been made clear - the autograph in the image that Steve posted in this thread was sold by an eBay seller called ruthiesully back in March of this year.  I am fairly certain that this seller is copying (I would suggest via computer/mechanical methods) original pieces and selling them on at bargain prices.

I would imagine they have taken an image of your piece and copied that, and that your piece is the original.  But for your own piece of mind what you are doing is right.

Hi Nate,

Thanks for that interesting bit of information.
Me and my dad originally bought the Lennon 2 years ago in 2013 as you can see by the letter posted where the lady explains the history behind the autograph of where it was obtained etc. We have been collecting for many years now and am 99% sure now that mine is the original since learning your information as I can see the ink clearly.. But I am gonna send it off to Tracks UK.. Because this has just taken the heart out of a deal for Paul who had bought this and this has shocked me personally.

All the best,
Rob
Rob, I just now read through this discussion. It would seem to me that yours would be the original, authentic one, given that you've established the presence of ink. Plus, to me, the telltale supporting evidence would be the tape residue from the album. And the story behind it is believable. I'm pretty sure the other one, not yours, is the copy.

I'm hoping to obtain a Lennon myself, though I need to save up a little. I don't want to interfere with anyone. So if Paul is certain he is no longer interested, I may send you a message to see how much you want for it.
Hi everyone,
I'm very disappointed with the way this has gone down this has hurt me if I'm honest too and left a mark against my name insuating I would sell a 'copied' autograph to another member...
For me this has completely taken the heart out of a deal done with Paul..
An eBay seller named Ruthiesully has been copying original autographs of the Beatles and has been selling them for bargain prices... It just rings alarm bells.
I'm extremely confident mine is the real deal I can see the ink in person under magnifying glass etc.. Also the acid damage from the tape of where it's been stuck in an autograph book over the period of time.. I even had an offer from Tracks UK when I put this to make up a complete set of Beatles.
I'm an honest seller I've only ever sold one other item on here as am a collector at heart in which Jan Cogo purchased a beautiful Michael Jackson autograph from me and left me positive feedback.
I love this site and thank all the people who continue to help fight against false autographed material..

All the best,
Rob

Yes, I bought a fantastic MJ from Rob and he is one of the best sellers I have done business with. Top-class from start to finish!!!

I hope this works out the best possible way for you my friend!

Rob.  Please don't loose heart.  I am quite certain people at this site agree with you, and you shouldn't feel this has damaged your reputation in any way. please don't let the nasty people win out.  Keep collecting and try to keep enjoying. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service