We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Could use some help on this one.Thinking of purchasing this piece from a friend.He obtained it from heritage auctions last September.This is the first travelers check I've ever seen signed by Lennon.My question,is it worth more than most checks out there because it may be a one of a kind? If it is,how much is a fair price for it?I'll also attach the story behind the check with the picture.
Thanking you guys in advance.

Views: 737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the check
Attachments: No photo uploads here
It's really a nice piece. I suppose the answer would be to ask your friend how much he paide for it.
There are usually a couple of cheques on ebay, but not travellers cheques.
I know for a fact he paid 4K for it.Imo I think he did well.Im just not sure if he got it for a steal?or he paid a fair price for it?To be honest, he is asking around 5k.Just trying to get opinions on what a fair price for the piece is.
I see a lot of checks on rr's past auctions for price comparisons.( from 4K,upwards of 8k)and a few on eBay asking ridiculous prices.This being a travelers check and to my knowledge the only one out there ,with a pretty cool story is what is throwing me off.

It is a beautiful item, and 1967 was a heck of a year for Lennon. Pepper has only been out 6 months! Very cool dated signed document - snapshot - a gem.

Eric

Here is the description and provenance.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
5 is a fair price and you may make a grand or two if you sell it.
Epperson has a lennon hand written letter for 7.
If I were you, I would get it fast before he decides to raise the price! I personally think it's a good deal. Plus, how many Lennon items are signed in purple? - another unique quality to it.

Good point and appropriate for the year!

Eric

Thanks for the advice guys.Felling pretty good about the piece now.

nice item,,, 5 grand is about what its worth and no more imo..ive seen the odd handwritten letter too around the £6.500 mark in the recent past and there is a big difference between a letter and sig than just a sig on its own.........my home town manchester too,,,just 35  miles from liverpool:O)

Hey Paul, checks are very difficult to get below market due to the fact that many are not unique & demand the same price across many markets. This check is different for Lennon, something that is always good with collecting, but it doesn't have any music related content. If the check is for a famous trip Lennon took, it would be worth that price, below that I think you are reaching. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service