We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Lot of Michael Jackson signatures... real or fake? (Forger Erick Oswaldo McKay, Erick Mckay Burgos) marc-at2014, always-4-fun, bluelifesaver, disneycolector eBay names

Hope I'm asking this in the right section...
I've recently bumped into this person's little collection of MJ sigs...

http://billiejean5809.deviantart.com/gallery/

My concern is that all those sigs look too similar... I'm thinking they're signed by the same person, but I'm stumped as to if they're really Michael.

Thank you for any opinions/help in advance.

MODERATOR NOTE:  All of Erick McKay Burgos' art folders on Deviant Art have been removed by him after being outted here.  They were screen captured before his removal and are listed below.   Please use them to reference as you read through this thread.

Tags: Burgos, Erick, Jackson, Jacksons, McKay, Michael, always-4-fun, always-last-1, always.top.10, bluelifesaver, More…disneycolector, jacksong, marc-at2014, song_jack

Views: 63104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I compiled photos that are known authentic for people to look at-- I told Steve I would take the time to do that the other day, and only now just got time to do it.  

The Album is located HERE   

As mentioned earlier by many of us... his artwork was 2nd to none.

He actually THREW AWAY 2 of the drawings I'm posting --a drawing of Chaplin and one of his Tutor, from 1973--because he didn't think they were good enough, a fellow art student asked if she could have them and he said sure.  I've labeled those two so you can see how perfected he was. 

You have a look, and see what YOU think, in comparison to the latest drawings that are popping up on random auction sites.  (not just mem vault, but several sites)

-w

Here is the reference photo made transparent.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Here is the photo layered over the art. You can see the reflection on the glass underneath. Again keep in mind this is a photo from a distance that is at an angle and has been zoomed in.
Since this is at an angle, zoomed in, under glass and so forth there will be distortion in the art piece when you zoom in but I think you get the idea. We first line up the eyes, then adjust to try and get the facial features to line up.
Now here is a piece by a totally different artist which is a portrait of MJ. This is not done by MJ. This is a photo of MJ used for the piece.
in the next post you will see the art piece itself.
Image of the art
Here is the photo of MJ used to reference the art made transparent
Here is the photo and art layered over each other. We lined the eyes up first then the rest from there.
Here is one more image of the Martin Luther King Jr. layered.
You can do these layerings in reverse and so forth. We just wanted to point out that artists can create art in very close detail to a reference photo. That said sometimes the art people create resembles the reference photo used in good but not exact detail. It just depends on the piece and way they created it. There are many ways to do this. That is up to the artist. I'm not going to speculate how each artist does it as that is their decision. These are just onservations made. You can probably do this with many artists pieces that were created from a reference but I just wanted to share some examples. If you would like to know how artists create each of the pieces they do you should refer to the artist themselves. As we mentioned these are just observations.
Here is the artist creating the painting of MJ.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service