We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Views: 2292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

" I can’t find anything on google about him being a serial forger" - Kieran

I really hope this link doesn't get me in trouble but in the spirit of trying to help, and FWIW, here - this comes up with a Google search. Scroll to the bottom:

Your link doesn’t work.

Thank you, I know, I fixed it. Try now.

I agree there are many sites selling fakes l,but it’s very obvious which are no good and you don’t go near. I don’t get that from Peters Bowie website,as it has a trusted reputation for many years and people holding his expertise in high regard,as of recently apparently. He made the news for identity a Bowie artwork worth thousands on CNN and named on the official Bowie website surely he would come up somewhere but he doesn’t nothing about him selling fakes with his reputation.

Ok, I just don’t understand why build yourself to be a great Bowie expert with company’s wanting your knowledge and help and exposing fake bowie autographs. He has exposed countless fake and passed tests and traps by third party companies to ensure he’s not passing fakes, just to knock it down in a matter of a year to sell fakes it doesn’t make sense to me why ruin a good reputation. 

What tests and traps did he pass from which third-party authenticators? I don't know of any legitimate TPAs that do that. And why would they?

I agree. It predates TF/AP. It was a group consensus with others. The only thing it had to do with the website is that it was posted and removed from the galleries after a group consensus. At that time, and FWIW, Andy agreed - false based on execution. I would still not buy it and I know your YMV.

Not looking to go round and round again on this Bowie topic, but if you held "Andy's" feet to the fire on these 3, why is there still over a thousand other images still up. You agree those are legit? Why not let him know it's time to close down? What is a YMV? I'm not that computer savvy.

Briefly, I have not mentioned your old RR item since it was discussed with Andy years ago IIRC. It was posted in the course of these discussions with Kieran. The pencil signed 1978-1998 self portrait litho I bought through Peters and was refunded by Ford perhaps a year or so ago, when many auction houses stopped using his papers. He never even wanted the signed self portrait back it is so "authentic." The other was posted here long ago.

I must not post again. Please leave me out of the rest of this. 

Just for interest, I asked my (impartial) AI about this topic.:

"Andy Peters, whose real name is Tony Ford, has been identified as a forger of David Bowie autographs12. While some genuine Bowie autographs come with an Andy Peters Certificate of Authenticity (COA), it has been noted that an Andy Peters COA is a major warning sign that the autograph might be a forgery.

There have been discussions among collectors and experts who have called out Peters/Ford for his forgeries1. Despite having some positive reviews and testimonials, the majority of the community now views his work with suspicion."

I don’t know what to think I’m new to autograph world and normally just stick to tracks. If you did work for him he must have been selling many legit signed albums/ autographs of Bowie this could be one who knows. I should have taken more precautions but I could still refund through PayPal but I have just send it to Epperson to coa.

I'm really curious Kieran, what is your opinion about that 1977 I posted?

Being new to the autograph world and buying a very rare Bowie vintage signed LP worth $$$$ for $ just by asking  is...incongruous. Worrisome from what I have seen here in the past with these names.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service