We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Obtained a few months ago when Sir Paul was in New York City (according to the in person autograph seller).   Thanks for your thoughts!

Views: 1572

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry...I wasn't clear I see.

You are JSA's music expert. JSA said inconclusive because their expert was not available. That's what I was replying to. 

You are not PSA's music expert. I'll clarify.

Who is PSA's go to guy for rock and roll? 

Steve Grad, their lead authenticator. But they have an Elvis consultant and perhaps others.

The Guy that is selling all of those items is Neal, He is a New York grapher and although some ( and I use that lightly) of the items are actually authentic the majority are NOT. I've bought several items from him at one time (some are listed on ebay now) that had come back from PSA/DNA as being bad. When I tracked him down to find out what the deal was he told me to take them to JSA they will pass them. They were all celebrity and music items and I felt that the opinion PSA gave me was enough to not have to take them elsewhere.

I have a question for Roger, How much of the music items that are submitted to JSA do you actually look at? This is not an attack on you in any way I was just curious because Neal currently has some items that are certed by JSA that do not look right. The main one that sticks out is the Roger Waters.

Anyone buying Item's from Neal needs to be aware..

FYI Neal is Not from Philly however the items may be coming from there, that I am not sure of.

Anyone with connections to NYC in person graphers should ask about Neal I am sure they will give you the scoop.

I just asked my NYC guys and they do see him running around collecting but do not know him well enough to give him a thumbs up. They were neutral so take that for what it is worth.

I might make some people mad and I am not defending any autograph seller but just because a 3rd party authenticator does to pass a graph does not always mean it is bad. It is entirely possible that it could be a sloppy mess and they would just not pass it.

I won't be specific but one authenticator that was collecting with us watched us get a certain persons autograph and when he looked at it, stated that if someone had submitted that autograph to his company he would fail it.

I understand what you are saying but in the case of these they make the same errors on the signature EVERY time.  If I only saw it once it just might get by once in a great while but when it's a pattern then I label it.  The Philly forgers go back and forth between Philly, New York and DC.

When you hear terms like "The Philly Forger" or, more famously for Beatles, "The So. Cal. Forger," that's the main place the forgeries seem to be distributed from. The forger or forgers may be working out of there or some other region. And of course, forgers move, too.

I bought two of Neal's Springsteen and they are both good. (Came with JSA full LOAs).  I've seen a video of him getting Bruce in New Jersey recently. I can't vouch for his McCartney's or Roger Waters but I believe his Springsteen's to be good.  Unless JSA has totally gone off and approved his bad stuff but I doubt that.

From what our aggreement is it's supposed to be all music items but these I did not see and we are getting to the bottom of this today.  I am emailing them the items and we will find out from there where the "glitch" came from.  Again, thanks to you all for bringing this to my attention.

Now please understand that not everything he is selling is from the Philly Forgers.  The Springsteens are fine as are many others.  I do agree about the Roger Waters guitar, now this could be just a very rushed signature but I don't it.  The problem is these guys trade autographs with others and thats how the Philly stuff gets mixed in.  I'm not saying NEal is a bad guy or a forger, I'm just saying that that these Maccas are not authentic in my expert opinion.

Good point Roger -- well stated.  Still very curious if those McCartneys that are on Ebay right now with full JSA LOAs (Beatles '65 and Beatles with Tony Sheridan) are good or not (or from the same Philly Forgers).

they are not good.  Again not calling out Neal but couldn't you just see the look on his if the Philly Forgers said "I'll trade you 3 of your Axl Roses for this McCartney" him not being an expert and they look pretty good thinks he just made the trade of a lifetime.  The Philly guys get 3 Axl Roses for price of an album.

Just following up to see what happened when you spoke to JSA about the McCartney's that got passed.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service