Its the second coming of Coaches Corner. Morales seems to be the main authenticator. Mantle, Williams, DiMaggio just to name few are being sold. Just more garbage that needs to be exposed

Views: 5545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The auction business is about liquidating estates and that's what I've been asked to do.

G'day Patrick,

Thanks for replying. With the deepest respect and it is, after all, your business to run as you like but my own humble opinion would be that you would wish to be seen as a business/auctioneer that has customer care as one of the more important business standards.

When so many serious & experienced collectors are "crying foul" it is probably because there is no smoke without fire :) I cannot speak with any authority whatsoever on the baseball signatures being discussed earlier. My knowledge of Babe and Mantle is - at very best - superficial.

However, I have almost 55 years of experience with golf autographs (Palmer - going back to the 1950s, Nicklaus going back to the 60s and Woods going back to the early 90s) and I can put my hand on my heart and say that the signed golf balls offered by your auction house here :

http://www.icollector.com/Jack-Nicklaus-Tiger-Woods-and-Arnold-Palm...

were NOT signed by these three great champions.

It would be seen as a great mark of respect to golf memorabilia collectors (not to mention the 3 legends concerned) if you were to remove these items from the market by refusing to sell them.

This would, I can see, result in a short term financial loss to your business but the appreciation you would gain from golf memorabilia collectors would - I am absolutely certain - have us coming back to your auction house in the future with the knowledge that you only pass on legitimate pieces upon which you have done some research.

Your reputation would soar and you'd have collectors on these pages singing your praises.

I for one, would be only too willing to help you sort the wheat from the chaff :)

Thanks and best wishes

David

Check out this crap.  Mantle/DiMaggio forgeries with a COA from Nicholas Burczyk.  Not only is Nicholas Burczyk on Ebay's Banned COA list, but he never "authenticated" any sports autographs.

These are the "Florida" forgeries.

http://www.icollector.com/8X10-BASEBALL-PHOTO-2-AUTOGRAPH-DIMAGGIO-...

Should it not also be about selling authentic items and protecting the unknowing buyer and protecting your reputation?

Yeah, Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales.

He's deservedly on Ebay's Banned list.

There is so crap (forgeries) on that auction site, I can smell it here.

Mr. Mcmanus, maybe you can point us in the direction of the so-called "Collection" you refer to.

McManus is a joke. Look at his Jordan autos
I've emailed them several times. They never reply and nothing is changed
Here's the thing - if you make 10k commission and psa charges you 5k you'll lose a lot more money than that. Cause psa will find everything is forged and you'll end up at -$5000 hahaha

My goodness, those Kaptain Kirk Babe Ruths are beyond atrocious. And no two of them even look alike.

Here's a signature of the great Babe Riutte-

So seller translation...........I dont care, im selling them anyway

The so-called "Auctioneer" should be ashamed of himself!!!!

So we have photos and fakes galore "authenticated" by Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales being sold by Pat "you fake it I sell it and have no conscience" McManus!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service