We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Good evening guys, I purchased this hand signed autograph at an auction on eBay last night and I wanted to know whether I got the real thing or whether I got scammed, the seller seems to have have a vast history of sales on eBay and he claims it comes with a COA although not a PSA/or a JSA one but he promises it should pass any third party test in the description of the item,

id greatly appreciate any input, Thank you.

Tags: BackToTheFuture

Views: 1444

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's encapsulated. I couldn't say with 100% certainty on this one (who can?), but it definitely has the appearance of being good. The only thing that could potentially bother me about that comic book is that the "OUTATIME!" inscription looks like it was done with a marker that doesn't match any of the signatures. But generally looks authentic to me.

I agree that the "Fox" inscription appears added by someone else. The other two inscriptions match the associated signers. I believe these were part of a private signing and there should be additional documentation that goes with this piece. Rather pricey.

Joe is right. And I would keep looking. You seemed to want a signed photo - don't settle so fast for comic IMHO.

So is the Michael j Fox signature on the comic fake? How could this have been authenticated then?

No, the autograph is fine. I just think the "OUTATIME" was probably not added by Michael. Everything else is A-OK.

Is the price more than an SP or?

No, the inscription "OUTATIME" was written by another hand. I would look for another example.

Yikes, if the outatime was added by someone else then this isn’t as nice of a piece as I thought, do we know that for sure?

wouldnt the authenticators that authenticated this piece would have considered that before this piece was authenticated and encapsulated?

Perhaps this is related to his illness? I have no idea. I can't make out what the slab actually states, can you?

I wouldn't be so quick to say that it was definitely written by someone else. But I don't think it was written at the same time or with the same marker as the signature. Fox may have written it.

Here are some others to gauge quality and all:

Link

I'm not into comic books but those look great! I don't mean to hijack the thread but I've always wondered if the encapsulation is safe for the signatures. Collectors always say to make sure the autographs aren't touching the glass in the frame. Isn't that exactly what's happening here?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service