We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

My Dad, Bill, was a limousine driver in NYC and when Michael Jackson was filming The Wiz in 1978 my Dad drove him numerous times and called him "Big Mike".  Michael gave him this autographed photo as a thank you gift.  

Tags: 1978, Autograph, Jackson, Michael

Views: 640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kathy,

This is an interesting piece. I don't recall seeing MJ signing like this, but it's early and it does have some of his characteristics.

The Wiz came out in Oct. 1978 and that photo is from the cover of Off the Wall, complete with the graffiti, which came out in Aug. 1979, so between that and the writing, this may take some time to authenticate. It will be interesting work for those who want to participate in it.

Please don't offer it for sale on this site until we sort it out.

Thanks

Hi Steve, Thank you for your feedback.  My Dad used to call Michael "Big Mike" and that is why it is signed that way.  I'm happy and delighted to have anyone participate in authenticating the signature.  I will not offer to sell it until this is sorted out.  Thank you again.  I look forward to hearing from this group.  Best.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your understanding...and the info!

What's the photo mounted on? It looks like it's mounted on cardboard. Would you mind taking a shot of the back and of one of the edges from the side, and posting the exact measurements?

Perhaps it's a preproduction test cover, which could make sense for the timing.

If it can be comfortably authenticated and it's as uncommon as I think it is, I think you'll be able to get a premium for it.

Did your dad take any photos or was he in any with MJ that you're aware of?

A letter of provenance telling about it, your fathers name, the company he worked for, etc., could help it bring more. If you have other family members who can vouch for it, that could help as well. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service