We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yup autopen all the way even though i've seen this photo with a real signature. 

OH MY GOOD GOD!!!

Can anyone can tell me in their opinion if this up above 8x10 photo SCAN of Michael Jackson from the movie "Moonwalker"/ "Smooth Criminal" is authentic? It pretty much looks like Michael Jacksons autograph all the way to me. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

I can't see in the black area.

It doesnt look good to me...not enough bumps in Micheal & VERY hard to see the rest of Jackson. I also get the feeling it may have been placed in a dark spot on prspose. Hope this helps.

Here is a nother example of a mass produced dangerous poster with an auto pen signature always in the upper left corner in black:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jackson-Dangerous-Gold-Border-Litho...

Perhaps someone can download the photos and post them so they don't have to go to the link.

Any suggestions? Authentic or not? All the traits are their in my opinion????

Looks nice to me, John.

Yea that's what i figure with all those looks and hooks he always does. 

That is wactly how he signed my photo...what year did you get this signed?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service