We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Prashant,

Good job! Thank you for posting those links! Is anyone checking eBay worldwide for others?

If someone would post a screenshot of each of these listings, we'll be able to maintain a permanent record. Please capture them from the top to the end of the description box, and upload them full-size as high quality JPGs. They'll be hard to see in a reply, but when people click on the image it will enlarge to full size.

Thank you Steve!

I check everyday on eBay so I will keep an eye out. I am confident we will see more and as we do, I will contact every seller and divert there attention to this online diacussion. We will get this done together!

Unbelievable.  What a continued MESS Bush's and Darren's greedy game is causing.

Thomas, I'm so sorry this happened.  We are here to support and help you find solutions to this perpetrated fraud.  Justice will occur.  Let's all see to it.

At 128 pages, I believe this is the largest discussion ever on Autograph Magazine Live...and a lot to read through for anyone just arriving.

When I return in a little while, I'm going to post a new discussion, for purchasers of lots in the Tompkins & Bush sale. The purpose will be to help them decide if their purchases are likely OK or not, and what to do if they have concerns.

Let's keep that discussion tight, and focused on what's in the best interests of the buyers. And that will generally be helping them resolve any problems they might have as quickly and easily as possible. 

Be back soon.

Agreed Steve, we posted a new blog for winners of Juliens auctions, Michael Lee Bush collection last night "Attention Winning Bidder of the Michael Bush Julien’s Auction" | http://teammichaeljackson.com/archives/7101#.UMajvvkQNT8.twitter but something more concrete from you guys would be great

Steve,

Hope you still want the screenshots..

Here is first one of L.A. Gear socks:

Great job Wendy!

Thanks Prashant.. :)  I've been too busy to check eBay for several days (not like me!).  Good to know you are watching things.

Thank you Wendy!

2nd screenshot

Even though Thomas ended auctions.. Just to document.

Julien-Bush sketch:

I realize we have done our work here.  Examples just keep jumping out at me.  Here are a few.. 

Especially the X's (with an Arrow).  I know we saw the X's with the underline.  Not sure if we saw the arrow, too?

Sorry if I'm repeating anyone.

Click to enlarge these.

What the, really,, stain cans,, Wendy the red image with the arrow, another give away,, Thank you Wendy,,,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service