We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are saying you witnessed Michael Jackson sign this, then it must be real?? Did you take any photographs at the time?

Yep this is the photo, its time stamped and its the actual piece of paper in his hand, but then again they were saying it wasn't the real MJ 2.. Ive been a fan for 25 yrs and taught I knew his autograph now im not so sure :( 

IMO this is all the proof you need, if you Google the time and place this took place their must be a video too with you in it, you should keep for your records.

I still don't understand. Did you buy this autograph? If you were there you can't be in any doubt that he signed it. What do you mean they were saying it wasn't the real MJ? That's Michael on the photo.

If you weren't there, how can you know that the piece of paper you have is the piece of paper he is signing on the photo?

The signature is unusual, but it's got a nice flow and overall shape. And looking at the situation it was signed in I can believe it. I'm speaking as a fan of 25 years, not an expert, mind :).

there's video footage of Michael leaving for that press conference. no fans or autograph hunters were allowed near him.. they were held far back by police/security... he exited the hotel and boarded a coach immediately.

this picture is not from the time he LEFT to travel to the O2 press conference at all.

it may have been when he arrived back but that time was completely chaotic.. Michael was mobbed and almost fell to the floor.. he couldn't even enter the hotel.. the coach had to drive into a lesser known tradesman entrance/exit around the block. 

Yes Justin, ive been looking for a while, nothing from that day, that day Michael looks like he fell as he boarded the bus, it was so crazy i doubt anyone got near him, unless they were his special guest

the footage was on youtube.. i can't seem to find it now.

here is one, shows the chaos

yes that's back at the hotel afterwards, notice that Michael does take a Bad album from someone but appears to go back inside the coach with it. 

it was only crazy when he was overseas. in the US they didn't go nuts like that. 

I think she is saying she bought it and was told when and where it was signed.  Just right off I would say no not authentic but Im sure Mike and Roger and others will help out.

I´m not an expert, but this looks not right to me.

The whole "Jackson" seems to be a mess.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service