We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130098

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I´ve been writing both Doyle and Nolan and asking them who the recommend to use to legitimate/ for authenticity the item I bought. It´s been two weeks now and I sent it again last week, still no answer.

Ohhh, Veronica.  Thank you for answering Carl about how you are doing and where you stand in the one-sided "communications" with the Rats.  We are still here with you.  Were you able to have spoken with any of the referrals TeamMichael and/or Steve directed you to?

Yes thank you very much Veronica, and you too Wendy for posting those examples. Its amazing that Julians keeps giving you the brush off. I can only assume this is how all the other buyers are being treated that want refunds. I guess the hope is that if they dont answer you or make it hard enough, that enough time will go by and you will forget about it or give up. I really hate to say that, but it really looks as though that is the strategy being used.

I wish the news agencies would pick it back up and report on what is happening, but it doesnt seem they are interested. The only thing that i think would do any good at this point is to file a class action lawsuit. I think if someone did and then others saw it happening, that the ball would get rolling immediately, and probably all refunds would be given long before a court date. I hate it for all of the buyers, but despite everyone's hard work and research it looks like that they are going to get away with all the sales with no consequence unless something major changes with the media, or a lawsuit is filed that draws major attention.

I sincerely hope that Veronica and the other concerned buyers can get together and make it happen. Right now time is the worst enemy. As more rolls by , the greater the chance that the guilty parties will get away with it. 

I contacted the lawyer. He answered right away and asked for what item I bought and my invoice etc. I sent that to him but have not heard from him since then.

I honestly think if it was me Veronica, at this point, I would go through Jams arbitration.  Steve is this the site she needs to use?  http://www.jamsadr.com/   You've given Julien's multiple emails and more than enough time.  Enough of their b.s.

Above example:  Tweeted recently by Karen Faye, stating this is one of her "few" signed items by Michael.  Faye worked with MJ for many years, right alongside Bush.  I believe she's making a statement here. 

Some authentic Michael Jackson signatures.  The Super Bowl helmet and last example letter actually sold at Juliens (in between the forgeries they've been selling).

Great examples, thank you, Wendy.

The letter is interesting because of the additions to the signature. Has anyone seen two star bursts and the triangle & circle with the arrow before? I have no doubt it's authentic, but it's different.

Thanks Helen,  I seem to remember Steve discussing a double starburst example somewhere earlier in this discussion.  I don't remember on which page. 

And yes, Michael has made the triangle & circle with the arrow before.  On the signings he did for the Grevin Museum.  On the paper signing he did the triangle and arrow - and on the plaque he did triangle and circle.  I've uploaded these examples before but... here they are one more time :)

I bought this on E Bay a few years ago. I think its authentic, the arrow is kind of a triangle. If anyone sees this around please alert me as its amongst the many things stolen from me. I thought this was a beautiful autograph.

Charlotte,  I have seen this example online.  When you say stolen from you, I hope you don't mean physically stolen (although digitally copied can feel like a theft, I realize).

I see what you mean about the arrow. He's used the three circles above and then an interesting arrow/ triangle combo.  It looks real to me,, especially the "Michael",, but it looks nice overall.

Thanks for posting it.

Yes it was physically stolen. I had a theft of a whole trailer full of MJ memorabilia that was in storage. So if anyone sees it for sale let me know. A lot of stuff I had would be hard to prove is mine except the unique autographs. You may have seen it on my facebook page, not sure but if you ever see it for sale somewhere is what I am referring to.  Digital copies I dont care about.

These examples are AWESOME! Thanks for adding them.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service