On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve, FYI - clicking the reply from my emailed notification does not even work -takes me to the end of the discussion regardless. I I have to scroll through all the pages to find the nested reply...which now the discussion is so big, it's nearly impossible to find.
Further, when I click Reply to anything, it ALWAYS takes me to a new post, hence this is a new post and not a reply to yours, despite having clicked reply.

oh well.
Sandy,

Sorry about that. I'll tell the tech people.
Steve, M. Frost,
I'm curious what you think of the double XX ?
I never saw MJ use XX ever.
However on auction autograph there is XX under a line, and on Bush signed "King if Style" XX under a line.
Too coincidental?

Side by side here:
http://live.autographmagazine.com/photo/double-xx?context=latest#!/photo/double-xx?context=latest

I have never seen the double xx under a lined by Michael Jackson before this auction catalog. That is something that has been examined and has been noted. Also coincidental and I would like to see more examples of Michael Bush's writing and autograph is the loop on the ending H in Bush.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/photo/bush-2?context=user

M. Frost,
Another signed Bush "King of Style"
I have several pictures that depict Bush's actual signature taken at the various Exhibitions around the World. How do I upload pictures?
I you're using a computer (not phone or iPad), click the second Button from the left on the Reply editing toolbar. The one next to the Link button.
It's good that the info to take action is out there now, we fans are passionate and protective over Michael Jackson. Sick and tired of people taking advantage of MJ and us the fan community. I have to say there are a lot of fans who stand by Bush and these fake autographs. It's the the usual group who never enjoyed MJ at his peek in the 80's and it's like a jealously thing. I don't understand why they fight against the truth, even when it's stirring them in the face. I'm not against Bush, his book or even the Exhibtion. I even attended his book signing and I enjoyed his time he spent with me. But thes autographs look suspect/fake.Why would this be done? 1: no one can argue then that the signed items don't belong to Bush. I believe a lot of these items may have just been in his care, not owned by Bush. Having them signed after or even before MJ died almost backs up his story that the items where given to him by MJ. MJ's DNA is all over the items, so they can't be tested that way. Handwriting expert is required, Juliens need to do this for their own credibility. This wouldn't be the first time fake items have been sold. Even Harry Houdini's wive even sold fake items and passed them off as real, after he passed away. It happens people need money to live, fact! But this is not right it's killing the whole autograph collecting and genuine items market. Stop it now Juliens investigate at least.

I've been doing my own study comparing my signed items what I find very disturbing is this. Firstly the L in love when compared with my MJ and my signed Bush book they are naturally very different as u would expect. Now compare the Bush L in love signed by him in his book I have with the L in love in the MJ signed items bush is selling; it's identical. Even the e in love is signed different MJs real e in love goes under and over, Bush's goes signed MJ items goes over and under. It identical in Bush signed book. What did this tell me, I hate to say it it pionts to only one thing he signed these MJ items. A hand writing expert would spot this a mile off.

its the logical conclusion. i dont want to believe it, but its true.

Steve,
Thank you for bringing light to this dark issue of blatant forgeries. It is a coincidence as I contacted mike frost about 3 days before this posting first came up. I asked mike about if he had purely seen the autographs without knowing who it came from, in this case, Michael bush, would he find the autographs authentic? Obviously the answer is no. But the moment we know it is from Michael bush, does that change the opinion? For some yes and for those that are educated in mj autographs, the answer is still no! Just because bush had a history with mj, doesn't make these autographs any more authentic. I have collected mj autographs for years and study his signature every week. These are so fake it is really sickening. More so, it is disheartening to the legacy of Michael. That is why I would love to give personal thanks to Wendy, sandy and Justin among others to putting so much passion and heart in protecting michael's legacy. That is exactly what Michael was all about in everything he did. With LOVE, of course. All we can hope is that no one bids on this junk!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service