We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve on a lighter note and regarding Michael Jackson autographs the one you use as a profile pic is awesome, I wanted to get my Who is It 12" vinyl signed but never did. Could you post some of your collection

Graham, you mean Prashant, not me.

FFS !

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE FORUM .. WHY ARE ALL YOU AUTOGRAPHS COLLECTORS FIGHTING WITH ONE ANOTHER.. ??

DRAGGING AND QUOTING ME INTO YOUR PETTY BS.

Link Removed

I'M ONLY HERE TO HIGHLIGHT THE JULIEN'S SCAM. PERIOD.

I STAND BY WHAT I SAY THE HAT IN THAT FACEBOOK LINK IS COUNTERFEIT.
Justin,

That site you linked to was set up by members of the forgery industry for the sole purpose of discrediting this site and their select list of "enemies." Don't them get to you.

oh right. how pathetic. i'll try not to.

thanks Steve. you should be PRAISED for starting this topic.

ONE HAT IN THIS LINK IS COUNTERFEIT I KNOW THIS BECAUSE THERE WERE NOT TWO HATS.

JULIEN'S HAVE SOLD TWO CLAIMING BOTH WERE THROWN FROM THE HOTEL WINDOW.

NO HATS WERE THROWN FROM THE WINDOW.

http://twitpic.com/bf8uyn/full

i do agree that it is most likely the SECOND - the FIRST one sold. SO mistakes happen !!

it doesn't help that this forum is often on the BLINK and the layout utterly impossible.

This is great info Justin. That is credible as you were there. It proves that Juliens has been selling fakes whether intentional or not. Business' like this survive on reputations undeserved until they get exposed.

thanks Charlotte. :)

i never proclaimed to be an expert like it says in that link. i haven't said or wrote that anywhere.

and to use the word "newly" is ridiculous.. i've been looking at my autographs for TWENTY years.

Justin you are not the professional, you are the person who posted your own letters, the link posted refers to numerous people, not one, please lets get this done!!! please share and help stop this fraud

Have you looked at the current Juliens auctions Idles and Icons which closes dec 1.  There are a ton of MJ stuff there too.  Wonder what your thoughts on the sigs are

just had a quick glance at all, they all seem kosher except 3 not sure about, have to be careful as forgeries also contain Michael actual sig used as stamp, so expert would have to examine actual piece.

thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service