We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My God...just another staple into the theory of Michael Bush and the forged signatures.  Once again, great work Wendy!!!

Michael NEVER went to Bush's house after Klein's office. Now I am SURE this is all fabricated!
That never happened, Michael always went back to his house in Carolwood.
We (friends and I) were there EVERY SINGLE DAY from end of December 2008 when he moved into Carolwood house until he died June 25 2009. Before that Michael was staying at Bel air hotel, again we were there EVERYDAY for the two months he was there, and before that he was living in Vegas on Palomino Road.
Bush has said himself they did not have contact for years until This Is It was underway which was in April in Los Angeles, so between April and June when MJ died the signatures would have to be done, and MJ never went to his house in that timeframe.

I want to talk to Darren Julien.
How do I do that ???

Just send him an e mail. He used to answer me all the time.  Darren@Juliensauctions.com

Sandy please bear in mind some of the signatures are dated 1998, 1990, 1991.

Darren is back in the US, so call Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills and ask for him.

The Kim Fields records are supposedly signed because Kim Field's mother played Janet Jackson's mother in the TV show Good Times. I see the connection, but signatures still look fake.
If anything, those Kim Field records were keeping me on the fence because it seems like something Kim Fields or her mother would want signed and I could imagine them asking Michael to do that if he came to set one day or something.
No idea why that would be part of Busg collection though...but I don't think everything in the auction is anyway.

Yes Sandy. Also the 6th photo listed by Steve on the first page of this thread is of a novelty 45 that Fields made about Michael Jackson in the Thriller era entitled: "Dear Michael".  Still no reason for Bush to have it, though.

Thank you, Carl.

Carl,

The person to thank is the member who goes by TeamMichael777, who emailed me the evening of Nov 15 saying there was an auction full of forgeries that needed to be stopped, and sent me a number of examples. I still don't know if TeamM is a he or a she, but I assumed she at first.

I assumed TeamM was just a "crazed fan" (sorry) who had no idea what they were looking at until I got the examples and saw they were completely different than any known genuine Michael Jackson autographs I'd seen before. That's when I asked who was selling them and was told Julien's, and I was in shock. Darren and I don't agree on everything, but we've known each other for a few years and we've always had a good relationship. We had a good relationship until I emailed him Sunday the 18th, to tell him I was going to post this discussion.

Thank you Steve. I would like to point out it was Jadzzia that brought my attention to youself, would like to thank her, and of course Wendy Christine for the hundreds of hours she has put into the analysis/comparisons, without who we would never have got this far.

It's all for the greater good.

Carl,

I have not tried to contact or have been in contact with any member of the Jackson family or the Jackson estate. That's something DB said he was told and it's not true.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service