We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My reply sounded kind of gruff, didn't it Wendy? Sorry...I didn't mean for it to!

Not gruff.. you're the moderator :)

Save The Rainforest - cute!

Very cool, Justin. Here it is with better contrast:

any facebook links to follow up on this?

Hi! Maybe you can post also on our facebook page here. Our members are against the auction. We'd rather see MJ's costumes displayed and preserved on a permanent museum so this is what our page is all about.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-want-a-Permanent-Museum-for-Michae...

We also have a petition at change.org set up by one of our admin here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-michael-jackson-estate-stop-let...

Steve,

Someone posted on Michael Lee Bush's page that they spoke with Darren Julien and he is denying saying anything about drugs, Michael or anything else.

From the page located here: https://www.facebook.com/michael.l.bush.35?fref=ts#

Just spoke to Darren Julien and asked him if he ever said the quote that Niura Schwatz is spreading. He never said those words to her or anyone else. It is a fallacy.

Darren Julien in reference to the quote about MJ's signature and drugs etc said:

"
I would not know this information if it was true. We just want to enjoy life and celebrate Michael Jackson. These people hate everyone and don't care about Michael. This is not what Michael Jackson was about."

Michelle,

Who is Niura Schwatz (is that Schwartz?) and what quote is she spreading?

They deleted her comment, but it was a repeat of what you wrote here to us about your conversation with Darren.

"Darren said that the reason Bush has so many things signed by Michael Jackson and the autographs look so different than normal is that Jackson often had procedures done by Dr. Klein and another doctor (I forget the last name, but I think it started with R), and he would often stay at Tompkins' and Bush's house afterwards to recover. Jackson would be on drugs during his recovery, and they would take that opportunity to give him lots of things to sign."

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, but while browsing through the catalog I've noticed that they are putting on sales FAKE SUNGLASSES. I'm going to report it to the brands concerned (louis vuitton and ray ban). And i know quite well the matter as I've been selling/making glasses for years and made michael's own reading glasses. Suckers

I just had emails exchange with Roger Friedman from Showbiz 411 since yesterday, I thought he would be a great choice to break the story!

Unfortunately, he won't run it on his website... 

When I talked to him about the case, he must have contacted Julien's because here is what he told me at some point :

"Julien’s has proof which they’re not going to share. But it’s beyond Bush saying it’s true."

Well he's not going to investigate further...

my feelings about friedman, who always jumped on every MJ stuff, is that he's protecting those who helped him through the years to get some exclusives informations... (cascios fake songs and now bush fake autographs), he's thinking as us being JUST Fans. Sucker

I really want to know what is that PROOF...! It's funny, 200 fake autographs pops up all of a sudden, but the proof that they are real won't be released lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service