We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they have no proofs. This is b*******. Or maybe they are trying to record an impersonator too?? ahaha

also friedman might needs julien's notoriety to stay high in order to sell off his own memorabilia stuff. 

On another email, Roger Friedman told me :

"Julien’s is a respected business. I have dealt with them in the past on other matters. They would not expose themselves to fraud."

So to him, just Julien's reputation is enough to believe that the Signatures are real...

Just like Bush's name/reputation is enough for Julien's to believe that his Signatures are real...

What a f**ked up world... If "I" were the one selling these signed items, everyone would say I am the fraud!! But with Bush and Julien's in the mix, it makes it REAL! totally insane!

Wow, this is unbelievable. I mean the top music autograph authenticator came out today and said in his professional opinion that these are fakes, and previously the head of P.A.A.S. a major authentication business said these are fakes, and people are still turning a blind eye and ignoring the truth? Crazy!  I mean before this I respected Julien's and MLB, but this is disgusting and sick what they are doing to collectors and fans.

This business is such a fraud. Why have authenticators in the first place?  Some people are above everything?

Totally sickening.

Tell Friedman to talk to me. Until a week ago I felt the same as he does about Julien's. 

A good friend of Darren Julien's is Ed Kosinski of Gotta Have It, in NYC. Gotta Have It has probably handled more Michael Jackson autographs than any dealer on the planet.

Ed called me yesterday to discuss the Tompkins & Bush Michael Jackson autographs. Ed is a good friend of Darren Julien and thinks the world of him. He is convinced that Darren believes that the Tompkins & Bush Michael Jacksons are real. But Ed looked at the Michael Jackson autographs in Tompkins & Bush and said that they weren't consistent with any MJ autographs he has seen that he knows are authentic.

Steve would Ed give you an official opinion. Email on company stationary, Could i have a copy of it either in private or public. Thank you

yes Darren is convinced because that is what Bush fed him. it's all about Bush. Bush is telling lies.

as i said before here .. i know a comment like this can't really hold up.. but i found it really odd at the time and still do..

Bush said to me last month face-to-face that

".. a person once close to MJ can pretty much say or lay claim to anything now and no one can question it.."

this was while the exhibition was on in London.

i'm sorry but this smacks to me of someone already knowingly involved in this.. planning to get away with this.. and to hell with everyone.. no one's gonna stop me.  

.. because he WAS a person once close to MJ and can pretty much say or lay claim to anything now and no one can question it !!

Take a look at the stuff Gotta Have It sells. Ive seen a lot of fakes there too.

Feisal don't give up with Friedman. Email him Roger Epperson's reply here, and Steve's reply regarding Darren's fried Ed Kosiniski from Gotta Have It NYC. Ask him if that influences his opinion at all.
Woa, backup! Julien's is denying they said that to Steve now?!?
(Regarding MJ staying at Bush house to recover...)

Well, Darren said it was confidential, but since he apparently told similar things to others about MJ signing drugged, I thought it was OK to mention.

Darren called me on his 818 cell phone from an airport in London (Heathrow, I presume) at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17. We talked for 16 minutes. I was in Beverly Hills waiting for my girlfriend to get out of her fitness class. 

If Darren denies what I said he told me, he may want to tell us what he did say, since he's the one who requested we communicate by phone rather than email.

He said it was confidential. Steve being ethical, kept it confidential. Until some came to this discussion and repeatedly antagonized, harassed, disrespected Steve while making cryptic, incoherent, goading innuendo and "claims" spun as recorded facts.

That's because DB (da bully) and Darren knew there was no "recorded" fact of Darren's lies to post on this forum, to reveal truth of character.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service