On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed, Sadly the professional would be wise to learn a thing or two, and grow up!!! jeeeez

Steve, do you have the opinion of PSA/DNA on the 10 autographs you submitted yet?
Anxious to see that!
Sandy,

Yes, I do. I need about an hour to get it all together and I'm behind schedule today, sorry. It's my next project.
I uploaded 7 of my autographs from Michael I know are REAL given to me in-person, just to keep building our arsenal.
Not sure if you can go to my photos and see them?

I hadn't looked at any of them since Michael passed 3+ years ago, but I just moved to a new apartment and was unpacking and decided to look at them since this discussion prompted me to. So heartbreaking, I'm crying, I miss him and my friends Justin, Fiesal, Manu...and all the fun we used to have together being with him :*(

Yes, Sandy we can go there and here is a link to make it easier for people.

Sandy's MJ autographs.

Thanks, Travis.

sandy, i wished he would still be there to kick bush's ass :( i miss him too everyday but we have to stay focus on our own life... me being a daddy soon :))))))))

Congrats, Manu! You will love it. Do you have the names picked out?

thank you Steve, no names yet, we are still undecided!!

Well you have to post pictures when you're a papa.

People complain about it, but Paris is a great place to raise a family. All that culture and excitement, and the family services aren't bad. Granted, it's not as calm as living outside Paris, but it can be so much fun.

May you and your new family have the most healthy and wonderful life.

Steve

thank you for your kind words steve... paris is nice but soooo cold!!! ahahah

That is amazing news Manu! Congratulations to you! I'm really very happy for you and your lovely wife :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service