On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can anyone tell me how i can get these "WORN" Glasses authenticated so I have a better shot of selling them for a good price??????

Where did you buy them?

I got them on eBay when Michael was Alive and no one care about his memorabilia probably back I'm guessing 2004. The glasses were given to a mechanic who helped Miko Brando with his car that broke down and then had Michael meet the guy who helped him and as a thank you gave him these glasses. Michael usually gave his glasses to friends or for charity.

Well...

The same frame, and same sunglasses and most importantly THE SAME story were sold on eBay on October 10th 2012 for $3099...

Link here : Michael Jackson Sunglasses

So... What is wrong right now with MJ memorabilia...??? 

Sold? Well then that's a bogus auction because I just took a picture of these glasses hanging on my wall about an hour ago so I guess someone copied my auction and used the same price,story, and scan. I want to sell these. I'm more of an autograph guy them worn memorabilia.

Right, sorry, it didn't sell, it was relisted though on October 24th 2012..., And relisted again on November 10th

are you autographsatitsbest on ebay?

Yes
I want to sell these but no company I know of authenticated used memorabilia

Im confused, if the seller Face was referring too had up the exact same item with the exact same story a month ago, how could they steal your auction, since you just took a picture of the item less than an hour ago.

i had this item up a many times on e-bay and no bidder on this then i came across someone from another country who stole the pictures i had up and they used there auction with it with a LOWER price. These are mine. 

Face,

Ed Kosinski from Gotta Have It read the discussion about the costumes and called me. He said that two items from their March 2010 sale, the blue western shirt and the sequin shirt with pants, were consigned to Julien's fall sale. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service