We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well there's no comparison to Holyfield and Michael Jackson. LMAO

Here is a quote you might want to read:

"The persona that is created of Michael Jackson is very different when you're in a room with him, when you're talking to him.   He's very funny.   He actually fights.   I was surprised.   He's like a blue belt in Taekwondo or something.  I'd just done 'Ali', and I felt that Michael Jackson might be able to hurt me.  That dude looks sharp.  He's a fast mover.  You see how somebody could dance and move that good and do those spins.  That takes strength man."

Will Smith, actor/rapper (pre 2009)

Also of note, Michael Jackson and Muhammad Ali were close friends since Michael was a child.  They shared a common philosophy of personal excellence, discipline and spirituality.

Do you mean the music ones, Icons of Rock and Tompkins & Bush? You're not talking about the Holyfield, are you?

Now, I just looked at the auction items for December 1. I noticed the following genuine autograph of Michael Jackson to guess who? Michael Bush! Just look at how bush is written and the entire signature style:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/lot/33701/

If someone can do a side by side visual comparison of the latter AUTHENTIC autograph with one of the many forgeries from the december 2 auction, you will undoubtedly see the difference!!!

That's in Tompkins & Bush, the Dec. 2 auction, Prashant.

Steve,
Yes sorry you are right. That further straightens the argument. O f the 200+ signatures of the same fake style, only one to Bush is a genuine autograph? Just look at how BUSH and LOVE are signed In this autograph and now go back to compare to the other TO BUSH signatures...not even close!!!

that one is real for sure. why could't Bush sell ones like the one from that link. 

This link up above is AUTHENTIC and should look like the same way for all the other Bush signed items.

We aren't going to stop even if the auction takes place, we could still try to alert law enforcement fraud was committed.

I'm so annoyed by MLB and his posse of crazed followers, there still needs to be follow-up.

Yesterday those freakshow fans from Iconic magazine that posted that BS statement had the audacity to accuse me of not doing enough to save Michael! I was one of only ten people on the planet (along with Justin, Manu, Face and our friends) who were actually attempting to help Michael! And all these blind fans sucking up to MLB now are the same fans who criticized us endlessly for daring to say something was wrong with Michael and he was using drugs, because their perfect idol couldn't possibly use drugs.

Meanwhile, MLB KNEW THE ENTIRE TIME MJ WAS USING PROPOFOL WHILE IT WAS OCCURRING but chose not to do anything about it because he didn't want to jeopardize his position with Michael & This Is It (in other words, his paycheck). He admitted this to me when I asked him to his face here in NYC if he knew about the propofol while Michael was rehearsing. MLB also said Michael was very sick and underweight. SO he stood by silently while Michael deteriorated before our eyes.

I even emailed MLB the week Michael died BEGGING HIM to intervene and do something "before something regrettable happens" and I was "afraid for his life," and MLB just kept quiet.

Since everyone else had MONEY between Michael and themselves and didn't want to risk jeopardizing their connection to him, WE decided to converse with Michael about it ourselves. We had seen & spoken to him everyday from January to June, and he even expressed to us nearly in tears how he was in physical pain and hadn't agreed to 50 shows and he was being railroaded by AEG, etc.
Increasingly his security attempted to keep him from speaking to us and wouldn't let us give something to Michael without reading it first (ridiculous, that had never been the case before).

On the night of June 24 on his way to rehearsals we gave Michael a bundle of letters into his hands in his car, and told him we had something very important to discuss. The letters were from each of us expressing the same collective concerns for him, urging him to get help and being supportive through his obvious pain. Michael tried to call my friend from the Staples Center parking garage three times to talk about the letters, but the call dropped. We intended to contact his mother and Elizabeth Taylor the following day, as we felt they were the only ones who had his best interest at heart but were not around him enough to know what was going on.

Michael died a few hours later! NO THANKS TO MLB OR ANYONE ELSE AROUND HIM that could have attempted to intervene more than we were capable.

Yet WE get insensitive comments thrown at us like where were we, why weren't we rallying the fans? WTH!
We were trying but at the same time were not going to make matters worse for Michael plastering it all over the place that Michael was using drugs and not well. That us a private matter for Michael and not for us to shout to the world when he was in the midst of preparing for a tour. We were trying to get those closest to him to SEE and DO something so he wouldn't be ridiculed by the world (again!)

Sorry way off topic I know but I'm UPSET! :(

And it is telling to see what sort of "best friend" to Michael MLB was even back then!
Sandy,
That is so disheartening to read but the truth does hurt. Michael was completely surrounded by the wrong people and it really accelerated a few years back in 2007 or 2008 when randy Phillips urged Michael to consider doing these concerts. My point is that NO ONE had Michael's best interest at heart except his fans. Michael BUsh has just proven again of another person in michael's life who has defied him and his legacy. I have talked to feisal personally about this and everything you are saying is the full truth. Good for you!

Sandy I feel your pain.

I read the comments from the Iconic people. They are in denial that MLB would do this. They are in denial that an auction house like Julian's would put their reputation on the line with these fake autographs, but as we know here and see with our own eyes - they are in fact doing it.

What is interesting about the Iconic people is the silence. What they did by ignoring saying anything about the autographs says much much more than the ass-kissing they did in their statement.

Thank you for sharing your story.

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service