We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

closed

Views: 366

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It is real, but I wouldn't get it since there are many better signatures of his out there. I don't like how the "n" looks.

John, I'm just curious if you would have said that was real had you not seen the PSA encapsulation?  The reason I ask is because I had 2 other members on here look at it and both agreed with me and said it looked traced.  

I would have my doubts since I don't like the mantle part. Honestly, not sure how that pass psa.

I appreciate your honesty.  I agree.  If you look at the up close scan, that first M in Mickey looks traced.  I just don't see how this passed.  I have my doubts

Charles,

I have been looking over some of your posts, and it seems like you have a bit of an axe to grind with PSA and JSA. Any reason why?  I dont know what members you asked about this piece, but Christopher Williams will be able to tell you for sure on its authenticity, regardless of who it was slabbed by.

Oddly enough Chris Williams was asked and he said " it looked off to him ".   That was my main thought upon first look.  At best this should have been inconclusive by PSA.  While the autograph has the basics right, it looks traced.   

Wow I have never seen Chris say a Mantle looked off. He is usually very decisive and blunt one way or the other on them.

and Carl, I am far from against PSA and JSA.  I just often wonder if they are as credible as people give them credit for being.  I know they mean well, but are they seriously the experts?  I have been seeing some crap slabbed by them lately

I think Charles is just concerned over the notion that people view them as being 100% accurate, or near that. I think he just meant to point out flaws in all systems/companies that are viewed as the holy graile of authenticators. I see how Carl may have viewed it as maybe a personal distain between Charles and the company, but I think he was just trying to make a point. I think Charles still holds a lot of respect for PSA, since he said he still buys their items, but he is also aware of some mistakes they may have made. More of just a warning to others. Carl is an excellent guy when it comes to trying to calm down tense threads/issues. I think he just figured this may have been going in a different direction than you intended it to, Charles. No harm done, I think Carl :b

Maybe I should do a forgery of some random athlete post the picture here on this site and send it to PSA.   Then maybe I answer my own question about how good they are =)

Lol I can see that getting nasty very fast, Charles. I think its best to just warn others about it as you have here, and continue shopping with that knowledge. As I said, in any case, a sig should be viewed by personal pros (major fans) and deemed genuine by the sig and not the company or place its sold by (good or bad). That should be common sense, and I believe most people here can figure that out. True collectors and major fans are what make the hobby great. I think it does get a bit messy when you have to throw in authenticators. But some people do like using them, and I have total respect for that. I've used them in the past myself. To each their own, my friend.

I think the entire autograph is traced. The pressure throughout the autograph seems to change several times.  Honestly, I can't see how PSA passed this.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service