Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. Stephen Duncan has referred to this as a 'win-win' situation. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 172993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a bit of a blow that they pre order a autopen/ signature.

Post yours Terry, so people can see whats going on.

What are you going to do about getting a book now?

This is a picture of the Brian Wilson autograph from PC that I received.  It seems to be identical to the autographs on RACC.

Attachments:

Its good that Premiere Collectibles is going to make it right. However not everybody is in tune like the members here or on RAAC. They should send letters out to others who will never realize their treasured book is not really signed. And Nick Maas is the hero here for discovering this.Now I hope my book that comes from Book Soup is ok!

Agreed! I am worried about the Book Soup books.
If mine is autopen, i wont be worried about buying another book. Im sure there is a mix bag of autopens in all the orders.

I hope the Book Soup ones are good too! I am thinking they will be. I'm so glad I caught this and made it known to other collectors. Who thought they could pull this off and not have anyone notice?

I am definitely going to tell PC that they should reach out to those who purchased the books and make sure they are made aware of this issue. $50 for a ruined book is a rip off.

I recieved the wilson book, which is suprise suprise autopen.

Anyone got their pre-order from Book Soup? I believe those had to be signed in person...

We believed premiere collectibles were signed in person.
Some of the guys have ordered through book soup.
I'm glad I didn't order one of these. What a shame and a hassle.

RSS

Blog Posts

The Joy of Sax

Posted by Josh Board on October 18, 2017 at 10:15pm 0 Comments

September To Remember

Posted by Coachgd on October 4, 2017 at 7:00pm 5 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2009-2017   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Community Manager.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service