We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We now have a Musician-Direct Autograph Sales Forum where you can post individual discussions of new offerings. It's a big change—and a big improvement. We closed this discussion after 8 years but it will always be available to read. 

The new system has been in place for 2 months now and it's working well.

This video shows you how easy the new forum is to use.

You can follow the forum and be notified of new signings exclusively! And you can enter a musician's name in the forum's search box and find any discussions about them.

Be sure to click the Follow link at the bottom of the list of discussions.

Try it...I think you'll like it.

Steve Cyrkin

Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 505598

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

We believed premiere collectibles were signed in person.
Some of the guys have ordered through book soup.
I'm glad I didn't order one of these. What a shame and a hassle.

Pc are trying to sort out a exchange but , I don't really care and they are paying shipping for returns, which is about as much as the book, here in Australia.

It's the best way to fight this BS, when it costs them money they will think twice about passing stamps and autopens as authentic autographs.

Publisher fraud and premiere collectibles would have know about this.

I believe it was not intended by PC as they are pretty reliable company (or at least were before this bs!) and rather Brian Wilson's management played this badly - maybe Brian wasn't keen on signing that many books and it was decided that they will be partly stamped/autopended. Still a shame and no wonder it was quickly figured out!

PC may not have known about this, but that is troubling as well. They include their COA in every book. If they didn't know about this, that clearly means they are providing a COA without examining the product. I know a COA is worthless, but if they had looked inside even a few of the books, it would have been apparent that these were not signed. And if they did know these weren't signed but thought they could get away with it, that's even worse.

The Wilson books catch fire if you leave them on the charge long enough. Boom!

I have a bunch of books from PC.  I'm now wondering if any might be autopen sigs.

My suspicion is that this was something that happened at the Brian Wilson's manager or "team" level and not widespread to other books.  It does give anyone pause before buying from this company in the future.  It will depend on how seriously they handle this.  I was not impressed by the their response letter to Nick that they were assured everything was signed by Mr. Wilson.  Obviously this is not true and someone is withholding information either PC, the Publisher or the Wilson team.  As for your other books I suspect they are probably good but perhaps make a list and see if others have them to post to compare. 

Not the best news from Book Soup - the pre-ordered copies were not signed during his in-store appearance but rather they were shipped to Brian's house to get signed... I fear we might recieve them autopenned as well... Fingers crossed they will stop this after PC scandal and Brian will handsign them all.

Yeah, they also dont know how many they are getting back, so they might not even be able to fill those orders. I don't even know how I feel about it right now, cause I am going to be pissed if I get an autopen copy from book soup.

As a huge Brian Wilson fan it kind of feels pretty deflating, even if it is his management.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service