We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We now have a Musician-Direct Autograph Sales Forum where you can post individual discussions of new offerings. It's a big change—and a big improvement. We closed this discussion after 8 years but it will always be available to read. 

The new system has been in place for 2 months now and it's working well.

This video shows you how easy the new forum is to use.

You can follow the forum and be notified of new signings exclusively! And you can enter a musician's name in the forum's search box and find any discussions about them.

Be sure to click the Follow link at the bottom of the list of discussions.

Try it...I think you'll like it.

Steve Cyrkin

Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 505853

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Were the Neil Diamond ones ever confirmed one way or the other?  Id be concerned about a place who may have sold forged sigs and then offer some for a notoriously bad signer like Henley.  Id love for these to be legit.  Anyone offer opinions on the Diamond CDs?

I'm in the camp that isn't comfortable in buying items from that particular store at all, regardless of the price.

I'll roll the dice for $13.. should be pretty easy to confirm if they are legit.  

Looney Tunes has constant instore appearances by well known musicians and has the occassional CD offer such as this one that do not require customers be there in person to get their items signed.  No one questoned Brian Wilson or Lady Gaga (there are plenty of photos of Lady Gaga signing as well).  In my opinion (which isn't worth much as i'm not an expert), if the Neil Diamond ones were not legit, i'm not sure how Looney Tunes would be to blame so much as the Neil Diamonds promoters who sent them to Looney Tunes?    Also, Neil Diamond was known to be doing autograph sessions in the East Coast area right around the time that that Looney Tunes had the promotion and if you want to compare those (look on ebay) you'd be hard pressed to see much of a difference. 

The Diamond thing was just so weird in contrast to what we're used to with preorder promotions.  I went ahead and bought the ugly Brian Wilsons too.  Odds are they're fine, but I don't feel too great about what I've purchased from them so far.

I am about as comfortable as I can be with the Brian Wilson signatures. They are pretty spot on with his hand writing on all my other Wilson signatures. Imagine you signed a couple 100 items in a row what it would look like? Don Henleys signature is one that is fairly recognizable as well. Should be easy to tell when someone gets it.

yes, it was ugly!  Lol..

Well.. I paid for the Don Henley with Paypal and have a long time to file a claim etc..  If there are any problems with the signature - I will be contacting paypal  

Mark

I agree.  I will order one

Probably a good time to mention as well that the offer is listed on his facebook page too.

That's pretty solid confirmation then.

S*** - just saw this and tried to order.  SOLD OUT.  Can't win em all I guess.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service