We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tell us about that one autograph you have that makes your heart flutter!

This group has been hidden away and just now being featured...tell us about the autograph you own that you love the most!

Views: 1213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my self go to several conventions and wrestling signings a year some of my favs have to be cena who is the champ on monday night raw meet him at a ovw show.mickie james who is a wwe diva we have caught for three times .movie wise doug jones from rise of the silver surfer and angus scrimm from 70s horror classic phantasm.]next year july 28th already rsvp to meet robert englund aka freddy from nightmare on elm st in louisville and pinhead from hellraiser movies in nashville
I got too many to mention, but my all time favorite is HOF baseball manager Sparky Anderson. He was doing a speaking engagement for the local Catholic school fundraiser when he came into the restaurant I was working. He ordered his meal and I cooked it. No one bothered him for an autograph...NO ONE.

After he was done, I went to him to clean his table. I asked him how his meal went (thumbs up) and talk a little baseball. I didn't have anything there to sign, but I got him to sign a piece of paper for me. I thanked him, he paid for his meal and left. I got the paper still with me along with a 8x10 of him...one of these days I'm going to mat and frame both of them together.

After my bosses found out about Sparky being at the store, they called me up. They asked if I got his autograph on his order ticket. I found out, per company policy, that if someone famous (celebrity, politician, athlete, etc.)that eats at the restaurant, they can eat for free if they sign their ticket. OOPS!!! Till this day, they never let me up on that. Only in Reds country...LOL
I love anything Australian. Apart form the people who have managed to hit the big time (Kidman, Gibson, Ledger, Crowe etc) they are sorely under collected and appreciated. You never know who is going to be the next star - imagine if you'd got Monroe or Presley before they were famous! Also, it is the history of it all. The ones who came before them and paved the way so they could do what they do. My fav at the moment is the Easybeats!
I have several. I guess as far as a singular signed photo, that would be of Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York. Of my group signed items......the first would be my Osmond Brothers tour book signed by 8 out of the 9 family members. That would be followed by my signed photo of the Monkees, signed photo with the cast of "Lost in Space", signed photo with the cast of "The Brady Bunch" and signed photo of the cast of "Happy Days". Oh, I mustn't forget my signed photo of "General Hospital's" Luke and Laura ( Anthony Geary and Genie Francis). And signed photo of Jonathon Jackson, who originated the role of Luke and Laura's son, Lucky.
I would have to say one of my favorites was recently received from the wonderful actress Maureen O'Hara and it's a picture of her getting spanked by John Wayne in the movie McLintock which is one of my favorites and also a favorite scene and she signed it right across her body in the picture. You can see it in my TTM album.

But I also have hundreds of autographs and I have tons of favorites but some have been way more generous with making donations to the charity I work with than others.

No autograph ever gave me the adrenaline rush that my Rube Marquard signed and inscribed ball with all of his career accomplishments. Beautiful penmanship, especially for an 80+yr old at the time he signed:

"From Rube Marquard of the New York Giants and the Hall of Fame in which I was inducted on Aug 9th/71 in Cooperstown New York. Was in the National league 19 years in five world series with N.Y. Giants 1911-1912-1913 with Brooklyn 1916-1920. In 1912 I made a world record 19 straight games(wins) and for the season of 1912 won 26 games and 2 in the world series against the Boston Red Sox score 2-1 & 3-2." I still shake my head and smirk everytime, like now, that I admire it.    

I was on vacation with my familiy in Puerto Rico about 2 years ago. On the way back at the airport, we saw Oscar Dela Hoya with his beautiful wife at the Duty Free Shop. He was nice enough to signed his autograph and have his picture taken with me.My heart was not fluttering but my wife was because she said what a handsome and wonderful man he was. This is one of my favorite autograph. Cheers!

Aaron apparently wasn't too thrilled by my inscription request, but he obliged anyway :)

a brian jones signature with the rest of the stones signed at olympic studios in april 1969(at one of brians few visits for the let it bleed sessions,  very very rare,one of the last things brian signed with the stones before he left the group in may and passed away in july,rarest of the rare

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/catalog/index.php?act=viewProd...

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, June 29th 1990 in Knebworth England.  My favorite item in my entire collection.......

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service