We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

My new Prince signed "Purple Rain" 12" Maxi Single from 1984

I had never seen these before. It's a 12-inch (album size) "Purple Rain" single on side 1 with "God" on side 2. The album is purple! These were released in 1984, I believe.

The cover is titled "Prince and the Revolution" and below that "Purple Rain". Prince signed it in purple, "Love Prince". I think both the "Love" and "Prince" look pretty good.

I have pics below.

I'm pretty excited. It's got the full Prince autograph, plus it's signed in purple on a "Purple Rain" 12-inch titled "Prince and the Revolution" from 1984.

Views: 3115

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was on ebay for a good week or more, so looks like you snagged it.
Ya, it had been up for 6 days. And you know how people often are. They're afraid to take the plunge. It just comes with the COA from the framing shop, so no PSA or JSA.

But just like Joel in the 1983 movie, "Risky Business", said, "Sometimes you just have to say 'What the _______! Make your move!"

"I would still have time to get my money back if I needed to."

Exactly, and essentially peace of mind for $15 regarding a $1,500 purchase? Well...

Eric

You would think someone would have had a quick opinion on it within that 6 days ,being purple rain, which everyone wants. Well saying that I hope its a legit piece.

Is it unreasonable to think some(one?) already had?

Eric

No because i had members here ask me about it.But i didnt get back to them because of the time difference. So it was on the radar.
I guess you're trying to say you don't think it's legit?
Im just thinking of psa and how unreliable they are on quick opinions. My first impression was it looks good but i dont know for certain.
Also, 6 days is no time at all. I've seen many legit items at decent prices not sell for more than a month.
I agree Paul, my impression was it's good, but I don't know for sure. And I'm kind of still there with you on that. So I may ask Roger and then if he says yes, I may get the full LOA.

Oh, by the way, you're right it is Purple Rain, but it's not the original full album. I don't know, maybe if it is legit, it would be the next best thing. Maybe. I don't actually have it in my hands yet. I think seeing it in-person will help a lot on this one.
It would be a wise idea to get some kind of certification with it.
Eric, it's good advice. I probably will. Because if it's not legit, I think it would be my biggest autograph blunder, price-wise. It would be a lot of money to eat.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service