We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi!

I´m trying to learn a little bit about Neil Armstrongs signature since this is an autograph I would love to own in the future. But I have a long way to go before I could see which ones are genuine, so I would appreciate any help I can get on these two autographs.

Do you think they are good or bad?

Thanks for helping!

Views: 777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion...

#1 - Belgian stamp block - It looks okay at arm's length, but on closer look it appears quite slow and slightly wobbly. Is there a break in the long stroke of the N? Does the middle stroke extend to the bottom or does the right stroke? Hard dots at the ends of some strokes. I can't be definitive on this small image, but I suspect possible trace job. 

Armstrong signed a quantity of these Belgian Stamp blocks for German stamp dealer Sieger in 1971.  Many collectors mistakenly assume that means they are all authentic. Not true. Unsigned stamp blocks exist and have been used for fakes.

#2 - Project Gemini sheet - Likely authentic.

Steve Zarelli
Zarelli Space Authentication, LLC
www.ZarelliSpaceAuthentication.com

Thank you Mr. Zarelli for giving your time and expert opinion.

Thank you Steve Zarelli, your help is much appreciated!

That were my thoughts on #1 too, it looks fine first but if you look closely it´s quite slow and wobbly. Thanks for helping me to learn!!

Here´s another belgien stamp block. It´s not the best photo (I will ask for better ones) but to me it´s seems to have a better/faster "flow" in the pen stroke. 

What do you or other members think of that one?

Thanks again!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service