We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

New David Bowie for Eric Signed 12" Single "Jump They Say" 1993 from the "Black Tie/White Noise" LP

Hi All,

I saw this and I love the song, its meaning, the videos imagery and with the attractive, careful, large and full '93 signature (both "apostrophes" - about 1/3 of his 1993 signatures have this at best) and the nice inscription (good number of letters written out here), nice placement and good contrast...it seemed the thing for me. Not rushed, with mint unplayed vinyl and mint sleeve. I also liked the cover art of this 12" single (photo by Nick Knight, designed by Reiner Designs) as it is not the imagery normally seen. It is actually a variation of the abandoned original LP cover concept. Signed in an apparently relaxed situation London for an Arista BMG executive in the year of release. I really hope you like it. With my mid 70's rarity, this will be my last Bowie. This song was his only top 10 single between 1986 and 2013.

Purchased directly from the best and most comprehensive Bowie site there is - Davidbowieautograph.com

(Full disclosure - I help out there when needed.)

Tags: 12", 1993, Black, Bowie, Jump, Noise, Say, Terry, They, Tie/White, More…signed, single

Views: 416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Adam - high praise indeed! I love the signature too as it is so relaxed and well executed (even the inscription) - really loving the presentation. :)

Hi All,

well, it is nice to own some vinyl again! I have been looking at 1993 signed everything since yesterday. This one of the nicest I have seen with or without inscription - I am feeling "blessed" with the quality. So unrushed and full. I have never seen this 12" single signed before and as I said, I adore this song and video. My new icon is from the video. It is Bowie writing about his half-brother Terry's suicide from schizophrenia and stress in 1985. The video has influences ranging from Welles The Trial to 2001 - both favorites and in  my graph collection. I have not posted the Perkins/Trial yet. I noticed in this video there are scenes wirth a final echo in Lazarus - the way he is moving while laying down with bandaged eyes, the damage to his body as in the Lodger imagery, so many things. The woman with the 2001: A Space Odyssey headgear and the telescope - reminds me of Mary Lou with her telescope gift from Tommy in The Man Who Fell to Earth. 

"Jump They Say" by David Bowie Directed by Mark Romanek 1993

This arrived today and is extravagant in hand! Luscious colors and a HUGE beautiful signature!

I had to measure it - the signature alone is 4 1/2" at its tallest point!

Superb Eric - wish I had seen it first ;-). Very unrushed and a no-pressure autograph. Will look great framed. Congratulations!!

Hi Mark,

somehow I missed this. Thank you! It is really an eye catcher. I think it is an unusually beautiful signature as well.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Eric

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service