We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The concept for this site is amazing! I just signed up. I apologize to seasoned users who I've already frustrated w my post w no photos. I'm new, and I'll get it. But uploads I've tried aren't posting yet. Welcome to hear feedback, ideas.

I have a range of items to add to the group and I can't wait! I needed a place like this. Dave Winfield, Natalie Portman, Fred Couples, Ken Griffey Jr, Shawn Kemp, Marisa Tomei, Chuck Daly, Quentin Tarantino...I have a weird lot of autographs I mostly collected in person. 

Looking fwd to meeting you all!

Peace ✌️ 

Ben 

Tags: Seattle, hollywood, new, sports

Views: 804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Noted, Champ. I am starting to realize what kind of community this is. You filter thru tons of nonsense. I get it. I'm just looking for anyone to dispute the ink autograph photos. If you don't care about the background, I get that. I'll adjust my details to basically nothing but photos. 

No need to be like that. I'm sorry but your "proof" photo means nothing other than that you were there. What I showed you of the Pumpkins shows the exact item being signed alongside a new scan of the very same item. And the negatives. Very different. 

Do tell, what kind of community is this? You've been here long enough to render an opinion. What is it? I care about the background as long as it means something. You've been on eBay. You've seen the same "proof" photos used for years for many different items. So?

OF COURSE NOT! I was trying to show what "photo proof" really means. Nothing else my friend.

In that case, I get it. All good my friend. I'll sign off for the night. I just post what I have to ASK if the photo + story equals any proof. It doesnt matter to me anyway because these are just my memories I'll keep.

But I wondered if anyone would poke holes in the authenticity of the actual ink autographs, or if they would aid in any way in authenticating others autographs from the period. YOU SEEM TO THINK I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU WHAT IS AUTHENTIC. I AM NOT. I AM ASKING YOU and hoping to contribute for others 

Yes, agreed and I am off to the same place. I was just trying to illustrate what is so often misrepresented because many fall for photos that mean nothing. Nothing more. We will become friends.

Hope so bud! Have a good night 

You too. Check your "Friend" box upper left :-)

Upper right!

I guess I should've added.....NEWB F****** INTRODUCTION!!! Not trying to exert dominance over Eric Longos ego. Jesus Christ. Just saying hello. Kick me if you need to. 

No, that would get you censored. I don't know what your problem is but I suggest a cooling down all around. Always a good idea.

The best way to get a fair opinion sample here is to post a specific request. For instance, Natalie Portman. Just show a clear image of the signature and let others chime in. No background needed.

I do know that in person signatures can vary greatly. Some can be so sloppy that it would be impossible to authentic even by the pros. Unfortunate, but that is the nature of the hobby.

A picture at a signing rarely is proof in and by itself. Some collectors will accept that. Others desire the item to be authenticated via one of the recognized services. My experience tells me if it can't pass a full authentication process the value is decreased dramatically.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service