We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi All,

Im new to this page and am fairly new to collecting memorabilia as well.

My partner and i are huge Nivarna fans and i really want to get a signed album but i am really unsure how to tell authenticity and from looking thru the threads on here there seems to be allot of fake stuff.

If anyone can help me out with the Authenticity of this it would be great!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIRVANA-KURT-COBAIN-KRIST-NOVOSELIC-DAVE-GR...

Thanks Haley

Views: 2893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry i think i may have put this in the wrong place :)

This should  be put in the garbage. Because there is where it belong. Please stay far far away!

Thanks Bjarne!

i agree that's a really bad one a tip for nirvana kurt never signed in a silver sharpie so be extra careful when nirvana things are signed in silver gold ect.

These Nirvana fakes were from Rock Star Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ. The seller has a frame Nirvana fake autographs with  3 fully signed CD covers and a fully signed drum head with doodles. What a joke!!!

Yes, stay away from Rock Star Gallery. They're crooks.

Thanks guys so glad i came across this site! you are all a wealth of information!

I would agree that all his Nirvana items are fake. And its a very safe bet that he knows it. But just so their is a record. Here are his items and some funny information he listed.

ebay user ID:  mattpsd619

This is especially funny, where he talks about about a random ebay user sending him a message (probably made up). And then he goes on to admit hes committing fraud. lol

"

EACH OF THESE ITEMS HAS BEEN INSPECTED BY A LICENSED DOCUMENT EXAMINER AND HAVE BEEN DEEMED TO BE AUTHENTIC.  THEY WERE INSPECTED BY HAND BEFORE THEY WERE PUT UNDER GLASS.  THESE AREN'T COA MILLS THAT PUMP OUT OPINIONS BASED ON PHOTOGRAPHS.  I REALIZE $1,000 IS A LOT OF MONEY IN THIS ECONOMY.  SO IF YOU NEED MORE COMFORT BEFORE ACTUALLY BUYING, WE CAN HAVE A 3RD PARTY EXAMINER TAKE A LOOK AT IT. IF THEY DISAGREE WITH MY EXPERT, I'LL GLADLY TAKE IT BACK.  

I WANTED TO INCLUDE AN EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM A FAN RECENTLY: 

Wow!..Thats an amazing collection!..I wish I had the money because I would buy it in a second!..I'm not and expert, but more of a insanely obsessed fan lol, but I can tell by looking at it that it's authentic!...There is art work just like this drawn on a drumhead in the book "Come As You Are The Story Of Nirvana"!..What you have is not just a collection of autographs but original art work drawn by the late Kurt Cobain's own hand!..I wish you the best of luck with your sale my friend!

JUST SO WE'RE ALL THE SAME PAGE HERE...I'M TELLING YOU THIS IS A GENUINE PIECE.  IF IT'S NOT, THAT'S FELONY FRAUD.  SERIOUS JAIL TIME.  I'D NEVER PUT MYSELF IN THAT POSITION AS I HAVE A GREAT CAREER AND MONEY ISN'T THE ISSUE.  IT'S A SPACE ISSUE.  AND FRANKLY, IF NO ONE BUYS IT FOR WHAT I'M ASKING, OR VERY CLOSE TO IT, I'LL JUST PAY TO STORE IT.  IT'LL CONTINUE TO GO UP IN VALUE EVERY YEAR AS THERE ARE LESS AND LESS NIRVANA ITEMS THAT EVEN COME UP FOR SALE. 
 Here are his fake Nirvana items:

Not only that, but i have seen a picture of this display/guitar before. It has been asked about before on this site i believe. It will be interesting to find out if the person who asked about it was the current owner. 

If he does indeed have a great career, I'll assume it's not in a field that involves writing.

Someone has bid on the drumhead 750 bucks. why can't ebay pull these listings really the framed display as a whole has been here before and it's quite a clear fake you would think ebay would have pulled this down months ago when this first went up for a 20k asking price..

Here is a discussion on a similar Rock Star Gallery Nirvana fakes from Oct 3, 2010.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blog/show?id=3524372%3AB...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service