We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Grateful for any opinions on the included Van Halen album.  Alternatively I  in the market for an all 4 signed if anyone has one for sale.  Thank you in advance.  Jeremy

Tags: 1984, Alex, David, Eddie, Halen, Lee, Roth, Van

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first thought is that it is too good to be true.  My second thought is that it actually contains quite a few typical characteristics.  My third thought is that it contains quite a few atypical characteristics.  I am going to go with my first thought, and say that someone knew what they were doing with this one.  Atypical.

Thank you Mike.  Truly appreciate your response.  

Anytime.  This one has me fascinated.  I have my concerns, but I would not be surprised if it passed a TPA.  Some of my concerns extend beyond the actual autographs.  Do you happen to know when it was said to have been signed?  If it was signed after 1985, it is unlikely to be authentic.  Also, if it was signed with a blue Sharpie around the time that the album was released, it is also unlikely to be authentic.  Black Sharpies were much more popular back then.  Like I said, some of my concerns extend beyond the actual autographs.

All great feedback - thank you again.  Your knowledge as well as teaching me to think through the instrument used / time period is great! You are also correct about TPA.  I did not want to bias responses, but it was certified by PSA.  I was a little skeptical about it and that is why I submitted to the forums.  It was listed on eBay and now has been taken down?  

Separate note - for newer collectors like me, is there a better way to request opinions than how i have submitted?  Some requests get massive amounts of attention / feedback and this one has only gotten yours (albeit valuable!).   I recently listed a Phil Collins opinion and didn't get one response?  There are so many Collins experts in these forums I thought for sure I would get a few.  I ask on this general forum as it may help anyone else who is seeking the experienced insights of the members.  Thanks again Mike!  Jeremy

Contact Steve Cyrkin, and ask him to move the discussion.  That may help you to receive more replies.

Van Halen Autographs

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service