Please give me your opinions on these  5 Paul McCartney autographs:

Tags: autographs, paul Mccartney, signed photos

Views: 11404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes the spacing is very off for a 89 or even a 91 version . He touched the L to the M and it was more sloppy back then .

I think this is someone trying to pass a vintage Mccartney , but used a version of the modern Mccartney and a 90's style one . But they where way off.

Look at the one I posted . Here is one Roger Epperson has on Autograph Alert Truth . Which is circa 1989 .

But what do we all know. We gotta wait in lines to get autographs . This guy gets them from Macca Directly. He worked for him .

What year, what day and why was he at kiis fm ?

91 he is saying ?

"You have just been tested"...........lol..Sorry Michael but your not Ashton Kutcher and this isnt PUNKD. So its possible that these members gave an opinion that may not turn out to be valid, who cares?? They are giving opinions based on their education, and sometimes they are going to be wrong, just like you or me. But i feel pretty sure that neither of these members care at all about failing your "test". It may not be the case this time, but typically when i have seen this type of "testing" before, it is coming from the forging community trying to give people bad names. Its not a bad thing to be wrong when giving an opinion on here, so their is no reason to turn it into such a thing.

Wow !! Thats the kinda of stupid stuff that makes people not post on here . Gtfo with that immature bs.

Go look for authentication somewhere else .

How is that stupid or immature?  Would you buy a car without first test driving it? I needed to get an idea as to the validity of the feedback on this site so that I could determine how accurate the assessments were. People boast about their credentials and how sure they are- all I did was point out that one can't always be so definite. It is a lesson to be learned for us all.  Sorry to hear that you can't handle the truth, Anthony, so go ahead and be delusional thinking that you know it all. SMH

Mike,

Members have lots of different opinions and expertise here. Heck, I run the joint and I'm not an expert in anything.

Some you'll agree with, some you won't. Sometimes they're clearly right, sometimes wrong. We may not be perfect, but the site does a good job overall...and saves a lot of people from getting screwed buying fakes.

You are welcome here...especially if you can provide some inside insight into autographs signed for members of the recording industry. But I hope you'll keep in mind that this site thrives on members feeling comfortable expressing their thoughts and opinions without fear of ridicule.

There have been a ton of McCartney forgeries coming out of the UK the last few years, and almost all have the same slant as yours. Look at the pieces at the top of this discussion. Yours is a full signature and the ones I posted are not, but Gary is from the UK and Thorsten from Europe, so the slant puts them on alert. Plus the gold Sharpie on a Beatles album isn't common. They may see Paul autographs more critically because of it.

As for me, I do think it's probably genuine. But I wouldn't buy it without getting an opinion from someone much better than I am.

Steve

You couldnt of put your points better, its not a item I would buy

It has all the characteristics of some of the stuff generating out of the UK, that have been questioned very recently.

I know my stuff, but im not a expert and if I choose to be scepticle its because of the fakes around

I hope Mike can understand

Thanks

Thanks Steve,

You will see in my subsequent responses (Thorsten to name one) that his further reasoning was gracefully appreciated, but that reasoning was not initially stated by him. In order for this site to be more valuable to a person like myself, just saying "fake", without giving a reason why one might think that, doesn't really cut it. What you just stated above (along with Thorsten) as to the logic why one might think it was fake, is something that would help a person (and others) like me.

As said - most of the items here are fakes. This takes very long answer to write "why they are false".

The Rubber Soul in my opinion still looks very uncommon for 1991 (i havent read that date before) and thats why my first opinion was that it was signed recently - what would have been much more uncommon for a full name signature. I still don`t like the "Cartney" with the very open "a" and the "roundish" "t" if you understand what I mean.

This guys story doesnt check out . I searched his name and there is no one at capitol records with that name in the past . Also when has Mccarteny gone to Kiis Fm in La . Second why would he go there . Kiis fm doesnt play his music .

Not that it means anything, but it looks like Michael just joined this site and these posts on Paul are the first and only he has ever posted.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service