We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-FLOYD-GENUINE-VERY-RARE-FULLY-HAND-SIG...

This is being offered by the same person that sold me the "Shine on" boxed set. They are hard to see but they look good to me. Anyone else wish to render an opinion?  Scott

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just did a quick search on other items he has for sale and there are almost 2500 items. Lots of signed "The Clash" items, the Who.

His stuff is usually VERY overpriced.  Sometimes double or triple "retail"

Looks good to me.

100% real. And I'd ask for 3k also, find another one cheaper. But I agree he over prices some items. I know a lot of you guys think the Floyd stuff is all over priced but if people are getting $1200 for U2 or Pearl Jam complete vinyls it isn't out of line to say Floyd is worth at least twice or three times what those bands are worth given the availability wouldn't you? Or think of it this way, if you had it, would you sell it for less? The thing is there are about 10 high end dealers out there scowering ebay and the other auction sites daily looking for Floyd and other rare items being listed by original owners who list them for cheap prices cause they don't know what they are worth. Either they list them with a cheap buy it now or they live list them cheap and then they message them and try to buy them cheap off ebay. New (to market) - Authentic complete Floyds hit the market a few times (or less) a year and they are poached almost instantly cause myself and a few others are on it like flies on sh.... well, you get it.

Anyway, this is a great item and in my eyes well worth the 3k but he'll take 2 maybe... He's had it listed a while.

Yes Mr. N.Steiger, That was the same point I was going to make. He had the "Shine On" boxed set priced at 2,000.00 British Pounds I made what I thought was a fair offer and he accepted. I am sure if I really low balled him he would have gotten pissed off and would have not accepted my fair offer if offered later. Another point I want to make is "Time" Mr. Barret and Mr. Wright are gone. There will never be another complete band signing Ever. So keep that in mind when looking at pricing. Scott

exactly.

But even dead, that is not the reason they are so valuable honestly. It is because of the reclusive nature of the band. Richard Wright and Nick never joined another band... they didn't tour solo and up until Nick's book tour and Rick's shows with Dave 99% of the autograph hounds out there never got those guys. We all got Roger tons but never those guys till those events and as soon as they did them they were done and back in hiding. Nick popped up a couple times after that, the Rock fantasy camp and he did a little PR for the some of the later reissues in LA and NY but Rick just stayed at home. I know in the early 90's the band had done some press in LA and NY for some releases and savy hounds like John Brennan got them all. But even this is the main reason. David Gilmour is one of the single hardest autographs in music to get and has been for 20 plus years. He never really wanted to sign pink floyd stuff and almost signed none on the last tour. If he was cool there would have been 200 to 300 more completes on the market right now cause Nick and Rick signed a ton on those respective tours... It would be like if John Lennon wouldn't signed items Paul had signed.... imagine that. Imagine how much complete Beatles items would be worth if that was the case lol.

Pricey IMO. No Syd? Or am I drawing a blank and he was already kicked out of the band?

Sports n Stuff, By 1969 unfortunately the time of Mr. Barret had passed. The turmoil of 1967 was the break up of the original band. The thing was the band did NOT want that to happen, they did everything they could to keep him. When they had to let him go they still stayed very close. Mr. Waters and Mr. Gilmour used their own funds to make Syd's albums and made sure he got paid from the record company. Scott

I will respectfully disagree in the sense that waters wanted control. Yes Barret went off the handle in his use of certain elements. However Syd was the band to me! Obviously he and waters were the originals but as we've seen throughout the years Waters has a big head and that will never change. I've never heard that waters & Gilmour had used their own funds to make syds albums...if you have a link or some recommendation as to where I could enlighten myself it would be greatly appreciated.

I think you might be clouding your love for Syd with the facts. Syd just left and the band was devastated over it. Roger, was not the ego maniac he became at that point yet. At least not in the sense that we know of him towards the end.

In regards to funding. I know Roger and Dave made sure Syd was a paid member of the band and got all his royalties. And I think Dave produced Syd's albums or at least one of them. IDK for sure.

Thank you for the correction Mr. N.Steiger, Produced is the correct term, rather then my paid for statement. I will have to drag Mr. Mason's book back out I am rather sure that is where I read Mr. Mason's point of view on what was happening with the band. I would like to know more about the band especially Mr. Wright's relationship with the band. I remember he just walked away, I don't know what drove him to do that? Personal reasons is what I think Mr. Mason called it than promptly dropped the subject. Any reading material anyone can suggest? Scott

Roger fired him lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service