We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

PLEASE HELP! Opinions needed on Bob Marley autograph possible "copy" bought off ebay!!

I just bought off ebay for $400 a Bob Marley autograph which has been OK’ed by Roger Epperson and PSA’s quick opinion. I studied Marley’s auto and also felt it was real but
when i received it, it immediately just didnt look right to me. The color seemed off, no indention from the pen and it overall just didnt look right. I hope im wrong but i think the item is a very very well done copy/print autograph. Immediately when i opened it upon receiving it from the mail, my first instinct it just did not look right. I hope you guys can tell from these pics but in person it just does not look right. i have been a collector for many years and i like to think i know a decent amount about autographs in general. This is the best place to get opinions so any input would be greatly appreciated. I took the best pics i could. The photos the seller posted and these look authentic but in person it just appears off so hopefully anyone can notice anything off. If its a copy i will obviously be getting my money back but its a tough call. Also whats everyones opinion on the “presentation card” it is signed on? Please help a fellow member out! Any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks all!

Views: 2007

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At RR such authentic Marley would go for $2000+ That doesn't mean that you didn't get a real bargain, but the seller has U2 fully signed LP for $200 and 4 Rolling Stones LP for $240-$400. I think something is wrong over there, because the seller seems to be an old autograph dealer...

Plus the U2 and Rolling Stones autographs are all, in my opinion, very bad forgeries.

I saw that as well yesterday .  However, it doesn't mean that the Marley isn't genuine.  However........    Does the ink come off the sig really easily? 

what do u mean by that? 

i actually have the listing of the seller she got it from back in 2002. She claims her husband bought all those autographs off ebay from different sellers and now have decided to sell. i was hoping i was getting a bargain, the signature is legit, approved by epperson but sadly no one can tell until its in person that it could be a copy. im still debating on taking the chance and sending it to epperson for $65 because i have 2 friends saying its good after seeing it in person and i have another 2 saying they are noticing what i am seeing and think its risky. hopefully i can get in touch with someone from heritage auctions to check it out sometime this week

Just be aware that you need to raise a case before the 60 day limit from the date of sale on eBay or you cannot get your money back so hopefully you have time

thanks for the info, i didnt know the time period i had so thats good to know. that gives me time to work with the item and figure it out. i really appreciate it Dan. this is why i love this site, great help!

I have looked at this again and I have some concerns. My first is how fresh it looks and the other is that it is in amazing condition for its age. 

My gut feeling is that it is not real and maybe a copy and I always trust my gut feeling but if you like it then enjoy it

that was also a concern for me. i cant get myself to like it if it really is a copy esp when it was $400 haha 

I think the description by the seller pretty much answer your questions whether this is authentic!!

Item is an Autograph by Bob Marley in a frame with a photo. This piece belonged to my husband and he purchased it in 2002 off of ebay from an individual who posted the description listed in the photos. Please read that full description if you are interested in this. It is convincing and after inspection of his signature I do feel this is good. THERE IS NO COA. ACCORDING TO THE DESCRIPTION THE SELLER OBTAINED THIS. I have no other knowledge about it or autographs in general. I have learned that most autographs need to be certified by PSA or DNA and this piece is NOT. This doesn't mean that it isn't genuine, I just cannot say 100% that I know it is. I am selling for the price that he paid for it and will consider ALL reasonable offers since I lack proper authentication. I want to do honest business. If you have questions, comments, or concerns about the piece, please contact me. I do not accept returns. Thanks in advance. 

Despite what the seller says about not accepting returns, eBay presumptively sides with the buyer in that whether or not a specific claim of authenticity is made, that the seller is indirectly warranting anything they list as authentic, no matter whether they directly state that or not.  eBay will also force a return on any seller when a buyer can reasonably prove the item as inauthentic whether or not the sellers "do not accept returns."

As far as the possible copy or repro issue is concerned, AML has featured the "NJ Couple Charged with Selling Fake Cards on ebay" posting, and IIRC, they were buying some legit items, copying and then reselling the copies as originals - so your theory is not out of the realm of possibility...

This would be covered by ebays guarantee. You paid for an authentic hand signed photo, you are to receive one. The seller can't get around this through a disclaimer. Quick opinions cannot guard against preprints.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service