We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Last price update was March 29 2021:

Prices have pretty much stayed the same for now. My suggestion for those considering selling their pieces is still to wait if interested in a good profit. Especially for when (God forbid) any other member goes up to the big gig in the sky. Value will jack up. For now, current value is updated under "quick guide" below.

**Due to the Coronavirus putting folks out of work, the last few items I've seen sold since the outbreak have been sold undervalue. Up to the point of massive layoffs and furloughs, prices have stayed within the range listed below. Because of this, I believe the dip in value to be temporary. If considering selling a Queen related item, I suggest holding off until the world's economy is back on track. In a year's time I do expect prices to be back as they had been. People don't seem to be buying or selling right now, and this low period is to be expected with the current state of events.**

Fred: Alone and on paper (the most basic of autographs) are currently valued at $900-$1,200 for any that arent from the last year of his life. 1991 is valued higher at around around $1,200-1,500. On albums, posters and photos, take those numbers and add 5 to 700 more to each item. Now the living members: John seems to stay around $75-120 for paper and another 50-75 for albums, posters and photos. Roger: about the same, usually a bit less for the same items. Same goes for brian. They sign daily. Multiple times a day. They arent rare. Now for the whole band: a fully signed paper can range from $2.5 to 3K depending on the quality ect. Fully signed albums, poster and photos are now averaging at about 3.5 to 4.5K USD. Innuendo and Mircale items going for more. 4.5K to 6K depending on the item (taking into account a more realistic figure for those 6 and 7K innunedo posters).

Quick guide:

Freddie Mercury (individually):

• 1970s to 1988 on paper and alone= $900-$1,200 USD.
  • Earlier signatures (from his time in college or boarding school) would be double that.
  • 1989-1991 on paper= $1,200 to 1,500 USD.
  • Posters, albums, and photos= take the average price per year on paper and add another 500-700.

John Deacon (individually): John is retired but does indeed still sign both TTM and in person.

• Paper= $75-120.
  • Posters, albums and photos, add another 50-75 USD. 

Roger Taylor (individually):

• paper= $30 to 65.
  • Posters, photos and albums= $55 to 100

Brian May (individually): same a Roger. 

Fully signed items:

• Paper= 2.5K to 3K USD.
  • Albums, posters and photos= 3.5K to 4.5K USD. 
  • Innunedo and Mircale items (being the last pieces Freddie was around to sign while also not attending promo functions or public events)= 4.5K to 6K [taking taking into account a more realistic figure for those 6 and 7K innunedo posters]

Views: 6445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, your item is definitely one for serious collectors as the value is not only in the graphs, but in the item it's signed on. So it's important to remember that the 'average' Queen fan may not understand the high value. What I've found that most causal Queen fans look for in an album, is a visually stimulating cover. Colorful or artistic covers tend to sell faster vs just plain white found in the box sets or test pressings. I must stress that this does not mean the value of your item should go down or change. Because when they do sell, that's what they sell for. Not to mention there was a very limited number of them signed, most don't include the entire box set and none that I've seen in my years of Queen collecting have been in as good condition. What I'm saying is, you likely just have a smaller pool of serious buyers because of the item it is. 

I'm doing great, thanks for asking. Hope you guys are too @Malpaso/Eric.

Yes, feel free to quote me on your post.

"...Well, your item is definitely one for serious collectors as the value is not only in the graphs, but in the item it's signed on. So it's important to remember that the 'average' Queen fan may not understand the high value. What I've found that most causal Queen fans look for in an album, is a visually stimulating cover. Colorful or artistic covers tend to sell faster vs just plain white found in the box sets or test pressings. I must stress that this does not mean the value of your item should go down or change. Because when they do sell, that's what they sell for. Not to mention there was a very limited number of them signed, most don't inky e the entire box set and none that I've seen in my years of Queen collecting have been in as good condition. What I'm saying is, you likely just have a smaller pool of serious buyers because of the item it is. ..."

+1 on all! Smaller pool = more time. And worth it. And I too should have asked how you are Innuendo. Glad you are well. :)

Talking about prices, this is getting quite high as well (7000 us  $ ) at RR

https://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=4524

Yikes, it's already at 7K. That's definitely not the average but....ouch.

Maybe that flyer not so unique, see this...

https://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=4523

No creasing on Brian and "Taunton" circled?

Seems mighty coincidental, the RR one looks completely different......

How so Mark? As a general comment, very good condition is less than the average fine used for most houses which I find to be a catch all. Perhaps the creasing is more apparent. And some of the houses tell you not to consider the photographs in your assessment of condition. I don't think anyone was saying this is unique? If you use the magnifying glass and not the full enlargement there is a lot more going on there. Is it more complete - it seems so.

A number of these looked to have been signed for fans during that time as they seem to have been signed with the same utensils, but this RR one is in far better condition and does look to be damn near pristine. The Roger is shaky and looks to been signed on top of..perhaps a record? But is indeed also genuine. I assume they circled the gig they got it signed at. 

Not sure what you mean when you say the RR one looks different, though. Well- outside of condition of the flyer, that is. 

Sorry, I meant different as in aged like the other one and the Roger sig led me to think maybe not real. But hey, I'm no expert, that's why I'm on here to feed off you guys!! Just seemed strange 2 items for sale simultaneously I suppose. It didn't occur to me these would be numerous.

So on that basis, this one should surely go for more. Remarkable.

Considering this other fully signed LP is at 7K in bids, even if the 5.6K flyer had shill bidding involved, yes, I would expect this one to go for 3.5 to 4.5 at least. If people know it's out there. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service