We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Garry King is well liked by some but I see a big problem with some of the items I see on his site.  I'm not referring to Kenny Baker and other small bits but rather the large $$ music items.

Dealers in the UK might not be aware of current music item that they offer for sale.  In another thread several autographs from Autografica were deemed fake.  The items were Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston and Harrison Ford.

He might not know there is a problem. 

Tags: Charlton, Clint, Eastwood, Ford, Garry, Harrison, Heath, King, Ledger, Philippe, More…Ryan, heston

Views: 33648

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some quotes from Garry, "To sum up, Adrian has stated that those items were signed in the months before MJ died, was with other known collectors when he obtained them, and has video and photo images to show he was there etc, so I think it must be up to them to let us see that evidence.

I am looking at the MJ's from Roger now, always very interesting when you start comparing a quatity of genuine signatures. Never fails to amaze me how they can look so different, and yet under close scrutiny all be so alike.

There are certainly forgers here as there are everywhere (and sadly always will be), and if they have indeed infiltrated any dealers, and it does look that way at this moment, then we will certainly be taking some swift action."

Of course he continued however with a hedge on "drug usage" as a possibility.

Regarding AFTAL:

I was told that at the AFTAL display at Autographica where they're planning to show the Michael Jackson evidence, photos and videos at, they're also planning to "expose" Roger and me with junk like Autograph Alert and ANL published. But I got the impression that if we took this discussion down and didn't keep talking about it, they might not do that.

This discussion is staying up.

I'm glad your leaving it up.

would that be a northern or southern exposure?  Since you were told (by whom?) I can only presume it was verbal.

So much for this upstanding AFTAL Board of Directors that has a UACC Board Member sitting on it as well.  It would be good to know exactly how "this board" reached such consenus in such a short period of time to not only release a "statement" but also deliver an implied threat.

It seems they doth protest too much.  btw, who are these nine board members?  So far we have Garry King & Dave Phillips (although I eee the bio has since changed) who is still credited with it's creation.

This may be harsh, by it's the American way.. If these MJ autographs that Gary has sold are indeed forgeries( just as the Harrison Ford is in my opinion), that throws a major kink into Gary's "expert" testimony. Especially if any of it centered around Michal Jackson autographs.

Any good Lawyer (or Judge) will want to know exactly where an expert's example database originated and how that expert knows with certainty that the examples are authentic. Usually, the answer " I bought these from a trusted autograph dealer" won't provide enough strength.

America's Legal system is different, I know. Still, if these examples are the standard used, then they are basically writin their own history. These will also be the overwhelming examples that they will use in any attempt to discredit people here. In essence, all of their MJ autographs look the same. It's "ours" ( Roger's , Steve's, America's examples) which look different and are obviously bad

I imagine they will make further remarks soon. More than likely to start discrediting any opposing faction.

UK courts work on solid proven evidence. Not just the say so of an "expert"

Absolutely. Also, if they came out and said these were indeed fake, how could Gary still sell "authentication services, but not authentication" on ebay? This is about maintaining the integrity of their organization and keeping their experts, "experts".

Scarcasim is the lowest form of wit!!

What your all missing here is this proof belongs to Adrian and if he doesnt want it posted on here or anywhere else then it wont be. Lets face it this forum, or any other,  means very little to him so why should he care about you lot. He came on here and was instantly shot down so just removed himself totally and focused his attention on providing AFTAL with what they wanted to see.

AFTAL held a meeting with all board members where they viewed all the photo and video and say it conclusively proves, beyond any doubt,  that they are in fact genuine and that Adrain was there every time he said he was.

Dont shoot me down Im not saying I agree or disagree with any of this. I will say that all the scarcastic belittling comments serve no purpose other than to drag down the whole thread which is a serious issue!!

My understanding was that be it UACC, AFTAL, PSA who the f***^^% whatever the auto organisation is that if an item was called into question that the onus was on the member or registered dealer to either supply evidence that the item was real and not forged OR they had to cough up the bucks and refund the monies.

If I was a buyer of any of the MJ from an AFTAL dealer I would be DEMANDING that the evidence be produced NOW to prove that what i had purchased was real WITHOUT having to travel to UK for the evidence to be available in October!!

Of course if the AFTAL would be willing to finance my trip and expenses to view this evidence so be it.

Somebody on this forum must have purchased one of these MJs and should be demanding that the evidence be made available to the purchaser??????

I refer back to the respective Auto Organisations charter/constitution etc that their members must be above question and provide proof of authenticity when required.

Come on - own up - who on this forum has bought one and can help us all out instead of waiting 'till October

(my offer to have a free trip on AFTAL to UK is still open Monsewer KIng - whoopps thats French not English - and yes i have purchased off Autographica and had no complaints - just think that the person to be replying is Mr King NOT AFTAL.!!!n fact AFTAL should be requiring Dominic and Garry to provide the proof to all and sundry in line with their constitution/guidelines/charter/whatever you wish to define it as.)

I believe there was one who purchased it from Dominic who is currently processing a refund.  It's mentioned early on in the thread.

There is safety in numbers and aninimity.

Yes it was the signed card

Mr or Mrs White Card please stand up and be counted!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service