We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Garry King is well liked by some but I see a big problem with some of the items I see on his site.  I'm not referring to Kenny Baker and other small bits but rather the large $$ music items.

Dealers in the UK might not be aware of current music item that they offer for sale.  In another thread several autographs from Autografica were deemed fake.  The items were Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston and Harrison Ford.

He might not know there is a problem. 

Tags: Charlton, Clint, Eastwood, Ford, Garry, Harrison, Heath, King, Ledger, Philippe, More…Ryan, heston

Views: 33439

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"..and was told that the owner Dominic Manning that he got it personally.." doesn't necessarily say that Dominic was the one that said "he" got it in person the way it is worded.  The way it's phrased it would imply that someone else said that the owner got it personally.

Even then it would appear false unless in the UK getting it in person can also mean obtaining from Adrian who "obtained" it in person... with the latter apparently an even bigger lie.

WOuld appear AFTAL has a PR disaster of epic proportions over this.

There are a lot of good dealers in AFTAL, very good ones, including Markus Brandes and Garry King. But it needs a thorough going-over. I have a lot of concerns about one of its founders, Marc Mclennan of Authenticate-It and Sport and Star Autographs, Dealer numbers 2 & 3.

I understand that the AFTAL board has been looking into him and has taken some action, but I feel he needs to resign from the organization. Marc, a few others and I ended up in a discussion on ACAF that was fascinating and disturbing.

What do you think about AFTAL dealer, autographs247.co.uk? I've bought a couple items from them and I've been happy. They seem to be a very small operation that collects and sells. Sometimes, smaller is better IMO.

I've purchased from them, for their soccer autographs though.  They are good for that, but imo I tend to stay with a select few companies for entertainment/music just for piece of mind.  I'm not saying they have junk for music etc, but that's just a personal preference of mine.  

I just checked out their site and there are many bands I have never even heard of on there but the ones I do know all look fine to me.

i posted the emails i got that made me believe they were got by him personally

i'm sorry but no that card is not authentic, it's of the infamous Adrian MJ's

thanks roger any advice on how to get a refund for it? it sucks at the time i actually asked gary to be my second opinion on it and he told me it was good to go :( thanks for the help

Among a large group of UK dealers, these Michael Jacksons were the standard of authenticity. 

I have been reading your forum with interest, in main the "Questions On Music items from Autografica / Garry King" on reading post by , i see someone has questioned a 
MJ  white index card, from UACC RD #260 & AFTAL Approved Dealer #005 there in the Uk and was told that the owner Dominic Manning Behind The Scenes was the seller, 
It may well be the white card in question is ok, we will have to let your friend Roger tell us that, however i feel you should know, that 90% of the images of MJ shown on the thread
and almost all MJs you find on AFTAL dealers sites were indeed supplied by Dominic Manning! i am somewhatsurprised that Garry King has not yet confessed this to you yet, or if he has,
it has not been mentioned on the thread.

Adrian, was indeed the supplier to Dominic, and in turn Dominic was the so called distributor in the UK, of course they were sold on the basis that they came from a "trusted Source" 
which was Dominic not Adrian.

However you will find no MJs on sale from Dominic either on his web site or ebay store, which is somewhat strange? they have all been removed the last couple of days.

I  am as guilty as hell too, of selling these MJs, all supplied originally fom Behind The Scenes, well of course i bought them! it was Dominic's name selling them!

My digging over the last few days has lead me to find out that Adrian is very close to Dominic,  i am in no way accusing Dominic of being the faker of these MJs but he is guilty of 
pushing the crap around the UK!

based on the emails posted of a transaction on the index card already opined on as being non-authentic it would appear that "dominic" has falsified information as to how they were obtained.  That is, given the impression that "he" obtained them. 

In the US Crime Syndicate we call this a thieve fall-out and it would appear Adrian and now Dominic are knee deep in it.  I wonder how much other information isn't being devulged?  No wonder Adrian disappeared while trying to cover his tracks.

Yes, i think you are right on that Steve, but that is very much because we never see that many of them, and when we did, yes we bought some because we were told they were all obtained in person in LA or wherever. I never had any reason to doubt them at the time i bought them, which was a short time after he died.

It has only become apparant recently that there could be a porblem with these of late. I can confirm that the ones i had came from Dominic, but cannot confirm where all the others have come from. 

I was told they were all signed in the months before his death, and as i never had any other exemplars to compre with, then i purchased on trust (yes i know what you are thinking), but between dealers there has to be certain amount of trust. I have held my hands up over and have taken the time to speak with both Steve and Roger to try and get to the bottom of it, but i am afraid its a long way down, and i cannot see the bottom yet!

I have been on this phone or email since i got up this morning, and its now 6.30 in the evening. I am doing all i can to pull together a meeting, and get some order into this, as it affects all of our dealers and our customers.

Obvioulsy if there are refunds to be made, then i am sure that dealers will respond to this in the correct fashion. I am gonna have my dinner now!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service