We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Well, there's actually nothing questionable about them to me; I'm just being polite. Among the problems are the completely wrong 'S' and the fact that he simply doesn't write such a large signature.

ebay seller: jwantitihaveit 98.3% Positive feedback

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stan-lee-autograph-SPIDERMAN-WOLVERINE-/251...

Here are 2 completed items from the same seller that I reported when they were first listed. Nothing was done and they were sold to unwitting buyers.

Here's the nice generic signing picture used for "proof", which was appropriated from this blog about the London Super Comic Convention

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2012/02/28/london-super-comic-conventio...

Here are a couple of legit Stan Lee CGC Signature Series autographs for quick comparison.

Views: 16086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi. I recently purchase this at Stan Lee's comikaze last Nov 1. Bought it at a booth in the convention. Wondering if both is really signed by Stan Lee. Hope someone can look and tell if it's real or a forge. thanks!

Looks good in my opinion.

You think? Well that's a relief. Hope to hear from others too. It was bought on two different days. 2 different pentel pens used. i have no idea how to tell if it's legit or not. 

I think it looks fine, as well - pretty consistent with the 20-30 items I've had signed by him personally or purchased over the years.   

oh great! I will give the other copy to my girlfriend's dad as a gift. and just really had to make sure it's authentic. Thanks michael and mr zipper!

What is an average price for a Stan Lee signed comic? I'd be interested in adding one to my collection.

It all depends, of course, upon the book being signed, but I have seen Stan Lee signed CGC Signature Series books on eBay recently for as little as $100.  Since he charges $60 or more for each item at a convention, I would call $100 for a CGC Signature Series book a bargain, as there is no dispute as to whether it is authentic, or not.       

My friend has a signed comic, I can ask if he's willing to sell it or not. He got it signed at the same time I had my poster signed.

Value is highly dependent on the item that is signed. For instance, a Stan Lee signed X-Men comic from 2002 (a comic he did not write and really had nothing to do with) would be much less desirable than a signed comic from the 60s that he actually wrote.

Also, the popularity of the title matters. A signed Spider-Man / Hulk / Fantastic Four comic from the mid-60s is going to be more desirable than say a signed Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos comic (a far less popular title).

Then you have less common items like signed lithographs, statues, etc., which may bring a bit of a premium.

In all, I think you can get a real one for as little as $30 - $40 and expect to pay up to $100+ for his signature on a more desirable item. Obviously, signed statues and lithos may be even more considering the statue itself could be $150 unsigned.

For the purposes of this, I didn't mention signed comics where the comic itself is extremely valuable. Obviously a signed copy of X-Men #1 is going to cost thousands, but most of that cost is based on the book itself, not the signature on it.

Just picked this bad boy up for only $47.

I love the show so I'm really happy to add this to my collection. Anybody else like the show?

Kevin
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Pretty good, slow at times though. 

So I'm interested in buying this poster. It has a very nice Stan Lee signature. However, there is another signature on it that I am not sure whose it is. Any ideas?. It's a spiderman poster by the way so somebody from the spiderman cast?
Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service