We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Tags: Opinions, Please

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's absolutely fake, an exact copy of the genuine one below sold in 2011 by RR Auction. If the signature is on the photo instead of part of the photo it may be a laser ink transfer forgery. Those can be hard to detect without very high-resolution scans, and then only if you know what to look for.

How much are they asking? It's bold, not personalized, and perfectly placed. A real one like that could easily sell for $10,000+.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

Richard Winterton Auctioneers on Easylive auctions is selling 3 albums with 189 photos , most of them signed.

The Monroe and McQueen photos are in the lot, along with 2 Audie Murphy signed photos, Jayne Mansfield and many others.

Now I know McQueen is a fake and the Mansfield looks like a copy of an autograph of a signed photo sold by Nate D. Sanders, that is a red flag for me and I won't be looking to purchase the lot now.

Thanks for your input.

"The Monroe and McQueen photos are in the lot"

I got that feeling.

Yes Eric they are in the lot and it does look impressive with the likes of Michael Jackson, Abba, Rita Hayworth, Laurel and Hardy, Peter Sellers and many many more.

Take a look....lot 504

I would of paid £2000-£3000 if they were authentic.

Now....I wouldn't pay £100

That is £100 more than me! ;) It is one thing to have a post 1975 McQueen still signed in felt tip, but that MM was just too much!

Marilyn died in 1962. Flair pens came out in 1966. They were the first disposable felt-tips. 

Sharpie was a bit earlier but still, she was long gone.

I didn't realize the Sharpie tip was THAT sharp. You're right. The Sharpie came out in 1964, so yes, 2 years after Marilyn died.

How often were Sharpies used for writing or signing in the 1960s?

On that photo? No way.

Thanks Eric

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service